Government-proposed ban on British imports

Can I still import currency, ie make bank transfers from UK? Anyone heard any new laws from central bank regarding this?

what wave said:
Are there any particularly significant UK imports from an industrial point of view?

* Something tells me the whiskey selection won't change much
* Cadbury's dairy milk?

I really don't think the ban will effect consumer products. Dairy Milk is made here (hence why it tastes completely different from the stuff you buy in the UK). The only products I've seen imported from the UK are canned soup and twinnings tea. I read though that Argentina imports something like 600 million dollars worth of stuff from the UK. However, I can't imagine that it won't effect Argentine imports to the UK (including wine, fruit, veg)...which are worth much more. Argentina's really shooting itself in the food with this one.

CarverFan said:
Can I still import currency, ie make bank transfers from UK? Anyone heard any new laws from central bank regarding this?

Not heard any news but I've had trouble lately with a Visa card isssued in the UK at cashpoints that I have previously withdrawn cash from....but need to investigate further and if need be call my bank.

Markgeezer said:
Not heard any news but I've had trouble lately with a Visa card isssued in the UK at cashpoints that I have previously withdrawn cash from....but need to investigate further and if need be call my bank.

Clydesdale blocked all cashpoint transactions due to stupid fraud levels.

I'm using a FairFX card to get my money out that way.

This was sometime in 2010 i think

Ashley said:
... I read though that Argentina imports something like 600 million dollars worth of stuff from the UK. However, I can't imagine that it won't effect Argentine imports to the UK (including wine, fruit, veg)...which are worth much more. Argentina's really shooting itself in the food with this one.
In 2011 Argentina had a trade surplus of app. 150 million US$ with the UK so this brilliant move may end costing Argentina quite a lot of much needed foreign currency.

http://en.mercopress.com/2012/02/21...-dollars-could-suffer-malvinas-dispute-impact

luisman75 said:
Nooo, he sold 8 Rivers already...and he told that Malvinas are Argentine. Pretty convenient.

He was actually anti war during the first Falklands war - he is against all wars as his dad was killed in the Second World War.

saw the interview more than 10 times on diff channels. Never did he speak the words" the malvinas are argentine". Somebody punch me in the face please. WTF !

Back