Government-proposed ban on British imports

I don't get this. They seem to have already banned worldwide imports anyway. I haven't seen Twinings or anything British around for ages...

CarverFan said:
I don't get this. They seem to have already banned worldwide imports anyway. I haven't seen Twinings or anything British around for ages...

Seriously, my first thought was, "er... are there even any British goods left on the shelves?" Other than a dusty jar of curry paste I saw back in October...?

El gobierno sugirió hoy a las principales empresas nacionales y multinacionales que importan productos e insumos del Reino Unido, que reemplacen esas importaciones por otros países "que respetan la integridad territorial", en clara alusión a la cuestión Malvinas.
So that will also include products from the whole of the European Union and the Commonwealth Countries or only the UK?

I wonder if they UK will react. Argentina has a lot more to lose.

Time to stock up on Whisky though.

Oh yes, South America would be much better off if they banned all British imports. Might as well ban American and EU products and companies as well... that will show them! :rolleyes:

It's not like Argentina needs a market for their goods anyway... :p

well there goes those 4 tins of campbells cream of mushroom soup and 80 peso boxes of Twinnings assam blend occasionally spotted... Other than that, I've never seen anything imported from the UK available here and the choice of european products has always been miserable... Y?

Back