Government under fire for overpaying on food purchases

They managed to pay way above Coto prices for for huge govt food purchases for social assistance.

And the govt officials responsible worked in the Kirchner govt before. This issue of sobreprecios sounds familiar, huh?

Arroyo should be fired immediately to set an example. he knows too much? tienen el culo sucio teme que hable?

Arroyo should be fired immediately to set an example. he knows too much? tienen el culo sucio teme que hable?
He was fired.
As far as I understand, the price of the scandal is per kilo while we often think in pound or half a kilo.
The overprice was 50% if you buy one, but the State ordered 1 million.
The problem they faced is only 2 suppliers had stock and they agreed to overpriced. AF defended the political decision of accepting this because they got the food for people but said they are going to pay the precios cuidados price. In my opinion, they should pay less, because you get a discount when you buy by bulk.
The fact is that the supply law allows the President to confiscate and price the food people need. So, he is being moderate, lucky them, CFK is not the President.

He was fired.
As far as I understand, the price of the scandal is per kilo while we often think in pound or half a kilo.
The problem they faced is only 2 suppliers had stock and they agreed to overpriced. AF defended the political decision of accepting this because they got the food for people but said they are going to pay the precios cuidados price. In my opinion, they should pay less, because you get a discount when you buy by bulk.
The fact is that the supply law allows the President to confiscate and price the food people need. So, he is being moderate, lucky them, CFK is not the President.
What about all the suppliers that are saying they had stock and we're not even allowed to submit a bid? And why were all those govt officials fired, if, in essence, they did nothing wrong?

He was fired.
NO, he was not fired nor has he resigned as of 8 April according to Pagina12.

After Minister Daniel Arroyo asked Gonzalo Calvo to resign, the Secretary of Articulation of Social Policy responsible for purchases beyond the maximum prices established by the Government, 14 other officials who reported to him resigned.

Arroyo should extend his resignation when the pandemic is over. He may be a naive and inexperienced public servant to function at that level of the national gov't. To expedite the purchase of food he followed the status quo re: "tendering procedures" allowed and condoned by previous administrations probably beginning with its inception in 1955 and continued in this century by Alicia Kirchner (Nestor and CFK) and Carolina Stanley (Macri).

And, if the allegation is proven correct.... Luana Volnovich, Executive Director of PAMI, should resign as well at the end of the pandemic.

Surcharges: they investigate if the PAMI paid 137% more for the purchase of alcohol in gel
Graciela Ocaña believes that the obra social of retirees and pensioners paid "prices much higher" than the market for the product for a hospital. Volnovich's answer .....

In my opinion, the government is preparing the ground to apply the supply law that allows expropriation against the payment of a price set unilaterally by the government.

He was fired.

As you correctly stated Bajo, since when has buying in bulk ever cost more?? If anything you get a discount.

Glad to hear that he was fired right away and that AF will not allow the same level of crony capitalism that went down in the CFK administration.

Back