Grabr for bringing in merchadise

I used grabr for the first time about a year ago. It worked well, although some of the bids came in higher than I thought reasonable. Within a week, I received about 5 bids.

I tried it again about three weeks ago. Not a single bid. I was puzzled at first, then it became obvious. All my bids a year ago were from Argentines traveling in the US. Today, outbound Argentine traffic has probably gone down close to zero. And the Argentines that are traveling in the US, probably don't care about an extra $10 to bring some item back down.

So in my experience, it doesn't work right now with Argentina as one of the country pairs.

If you try grabr, I would be curious to hear your results. Thanks.

No...I am a long way from needing that service. But I probably will give it a shot in the future for something like medication.

I probably will give it a shot in the future for something like medication.

This has been previously discussed here. I don't think bringing prescription medications in anyone else's name is allowed by either US or Argentine customs. If that's the case, it might be extremely "hazardous" for anyone to try to do so, especially when leaving the US.

PS: if you were referring to insulin, that's a great pun...

Insulin? Prescription medications? A little dramatic I think. lol
Prescription medicines, by definition, are controlled substances.

Although the customs officials at EZE aren't known for hassling tourists about medications, here is what I just found on line regarding bringing prescription medications into Argentina:

Import of medicine is permitted provided it is for personal use and of non-commercial nature.
prescription drugs should be no more than 3 months’ supply.
non-prescription drugs should be limited to 5 pieces of each item.

Source: https://internationalpharmacy.com/restrictions

I wonder if grabr permits "orders" for prescription medications, and even if they do, how the traveler would be able to get a US pharmacy to give them medications which have been prescribed for someone else. If they don't permit orders for prescription medicines, we'll know all we need to know.

PS: If insulin is regarded as an "over the counter drug" in both countries, there obviously wouldn't be any problem.

Last edited:
This has been previously discussed here. I don't think bringing prescription medications in anyone else's name is allowed by either US or Argentine customs. If that's the case, it might be extremely "hazardous" for anyone to try to do so, especially when leaving the US.

I've received medication here, mailed in a plain envelope via the good old USA Postal Service. The regular mailman delivered it along with my post.

This was a couple of years ago - perhaps things have changed.

Back