Graffiti Is A Crime In The Capital Federal

I would post a pic of the "mural" across the street from my balcony, but for reasons of privacy I won't... in any case, I'm sure the person who painted it thinks themselves an artist, but really it's not better than the random scribbles of my niece -- and I don't let my niece paint on my walls.

Some street art is nice... but the vast majority of graffiti is unsightly, vulgar, or just plain offensive.

Here is some nice graffiti with no gang related symbols or swastikas on the outside of bookstore/magazine stands in Caballito.
IMG_0559.jpg
IMG_0559.jpg

I'm pretty sure the above paintings were done with permission, not graffiti = tagging, vandalism. I can't believe you don't see the difference.
And, if someone painted a beautiful picture on my property WITHOUT my permission, I would paint it out.
We have had graffiti on our property here and Seattle, each time we are upset, then proceed to paint it out immediately.
Nancy

Here are a few examples of beautiful street art that have been defaced by taggers. I don't believe anyone can defend the taggers. There are from the used book dealers on Sante Fe by Plaza Italia. There are many other examples that have not been defaced.

Used_book_tag_1.jpg
Used_book_tag_2.jpg

And a couple more that have been. Almost makes you want to cry.......or kill.........or maybe repair.

The graffiti is painted on the metal Cortina of the factory. An appropriate surface for the hideous painting. The smell of paint is noticeable walking by, so it's visual and air contamination at the same time.

The mural is on the wall of the building next to the office entrance. It was well planned and masterfully executed by the artist.

On Sunday evening while walking down Chile, I had the chance to thank the artists who were completing the mural they began weeks ago. The art teacher Mariana was overseeing the work of four of her students. I was grateful to be able to thank those responsible for bringing beauty to the north side of the 2200 block of Chile. They obtained permission from the owner of the property to do the mural.

I feel sorry for the residents on the other side of the street who see the graffiti every day, but at least there is real art along side to appreciate.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Expat Life 8
G Culture 2
A Newcomers Forum 17
K Entertainment 0
F Culture 20
Back