Great Peruvian Restaurant in Abasto

PharohOKnaughty

Registered
I have been going to this great Peruvian restaurant in Abasto and decided to mention it in a post.

Chabuca Granda is at Anchorena 571 next to Abasto shopping.

When I visited Peru two years ago I was very impressed with the food. I have found that this restaurant is the real deal if you want a Lima experience in Buenos Aires.

The interior is rustic, but the tables have tablecloths. Actually very Peruvian feeling.

There is always some kind of latin music playing, usually salsa.

The staff are really friendly. It is a fun, informal place.

The food and drink quality is really good. I have had the Pollo la Brasa (rotisserie chicken), the lomo saltado, and the chifa (peruvian/chinese fried rice). The Pisco Sours are great, as is the Sangria. Also, the spicy salsas are very much like the ones I encountered in Peru.

Prices are very reasonable. A quarter chicken (the breast) from the rotisserie with fries and salad is AR$23.

They are open every day from lunch time until late in the morning. Its nice to be able to go there in the late afternoon on a Sunday, when everything else is closed. (of course it is a good idea to call to verify that their hours have not changed since I went there last)

Here is the website

Back