Great Tango Classes - Bio-Tango

Davidglen77

Registered
Those of you who know me know that I like to recommend things are are truly worthy of a recommendation, and this is one of them.

It's a method of learning and practicing tango called "Bio-Tango". The instructor is absolutely charming and wonderful, and he will now be giving classes in the Congreso / San Nicolás neighborhood, as of next friday at a great milonga:

Here's the info:
Instructor: Augusto Castaño (speaks excellent english)
Venue: Flor de Milonga
Rivadavia 1392, Capital Federal
Day / Time: Fridays 20:30 - 22:00 hs
Phone: 15 3919 5324
E-Mail: [email protected]

I am planning on going next Friday, April 5th, what if we make a mini-expat event out of it? I think it would be a nice way to get to know some of the newer members on the board? Take a look at the website and the youtube videos, it's really great!! Hope to see some or all of you there!!

Just wanted to send a reminder, if anybody is looking for a great Friday evening activity, this is a super option. Hope to see you there!

No, I am not an experienced Tango dancer, but I've been dancing salsa & merengue my whole life. So I've got rhythm, but for Tango I have to slow it down and be a bit more graceful jajaja

No, I am not an experienced Tango dancer, but I've been dancing salsa & merengue my whole life. So I've got rhythm, but for Tango I have to slow it down and be a bit more graceful jajaja
Good, in that case tango male beginner hell shouldn't have been such a challenge for you. It's much easier when you've already got a lot of experience with different rhythms. If you are musical, you will be able to really dance to the music (tango ultimately requires you to dance to the musical phrases and melodies instead of only rhythm) by just listening and listening. I have heard that for people who come from salsa it is initially quite hard to adapt yourself to the elegant, macho posture and movement of tango. To me one of the advantages of this style is that your walking in general becomes way more beautiful. I came from flamenco dancing which requires men (it's probably 98% women but unlike ballet the dance forces men to play a very masculine role) to move in a highly similar way, although the dancing in itself is completely different. I am probably going to take some salsa lessons soon, I have been listening to the music for years but never really bothered dancing to it. Anyway, it looks nice.

Just a question: is your teacher also dancing with you as a follower and the other way around to make sure you learn how to lead? (in a group class, that is) Leading is a very difficult aspect for men and some never get it right. The learning process will be much easier and natural later on if in the (relative) beginning another,but experienced man teaches you how to lead individually, which sounds more simple than it actually is. I think it's a great thing you are taking classes with one person instead of very commercial schools where you need to share a teacher with dos mil other students.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vT1WjL9fKzg

The above You Tube films were a delight to watch -- thank you for sharing them with everyone here.

No sir I do not dance at all. I did when I was a much younger man. Today, I do enjoy watching those who perform well whether it be Tango or other forms of dancing. Buenos Aires offers such a variety of experiences -- I enjoy many various ones. Dancing is one of them. I see the International Championships of Tango Dancing will be beginning soon here in Buenos Aires. Last year some 482 couples from around the world came here to compete. It should be a wonderful opportunity to see the best of the best again this year too.

Back