Great Whisky Bar in Palermo

sophieba

Registered
I am a student from the United States taking a year off, living, and working in Palermo, Buenos Aires. There is a great bar in the area that all travelers should check out. Wherever Bar is located on Santa Maria de Oro between Guemes and Santa Fe. It is known to have the widest variety of whiskies in Buenos Aires. It is an Irish-feel bar that always has a few local musicians known around the area drinking a whisky or eating the infamous papas bravas (french fries with a spicy tomato sauce). The owners, having lived in Ireland for 6 years, have experience with foreigners, and love to hear where you come from. Stop by to have a Jack Daniels or a glass of a locally made Malbec.

The selection is probably the best in town.

Drinks range fro AR$50 to probably at least AR$200 now, depending on your selection.

I would recommend actually getting something from SCOTLAND if you're going to go and willing to pony up for a whiskey.

The bartenders are extremely knowledgeable.

But since we've got about 15+ different whiskeys at my apartment, I can't come close to justying the expenditure.

Sounds good! I'll have to check it out.

I would recommend actually getting something from IRELAND if you're going to go and willing to pony up for a whiskey, but thats national pride :) ...I don't know how wide their selection of Irish is.

Panini said:
Sounds good! I'll have to check it out.

I would recommend actually getting something from IRELAND if you're going to go and willing to pony up for a whiskey, but thats national pride :) ...I don't know how wide their selection of Irish is.

Apart from Redbreast, Connemara peated and Bushmills 16 (none of which i have seen here). I would have to disagree with you. :p

I would be surprised if their selection of Irish got beyond Jamieson and Jamieson 12 - the power of Pernod Ricard in Argentina !!!

Some of their bottles are brought back from Europe by friends or loyal customers. It's not like they just sell what can be found here.

Their collection is extensive... and pricey.

Back