Ground Zero Mosque

darmanad said:
Stewart: Fox Smears Owner Alwaleed bin Talal

Posted on August 24, 2010 by Juan

Jon Stewart points out that Fox and its newscasters are vilifying Saudi Prince And financiier Alwaleed bin Talal as a financial backer of Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf, the Muslim-American clergyman who seeks to build a community center in lower Manhattan. The problem: Alwaleed bin Talal is part owner of Fox News. Stewart’s special correspondents debate whether Fox is just pure evil or terminally stupid. I vote for both.
Apparently most of the country actually prefers Democrats to Republicans, thinks well of Obama’s major initiatives, and just wants the jobs to come back. All this noise about tea parties and vilifying Muslim Americans is being generated by just three guys– the Koch brothers and Rupert Murdoch. And poor Prince Alwaleed’s capital is being used for Islamophobia. For a Saudi prince to help fund Fox Cable News is like having a prominent African American entrepreneur fund a Steppin Fetchit remake. If I were he, I’d sell my shares in Fox, or maybe sue Newscorp for libel. I know suing yourself for libel could be complicated, but surely there is a tax break in there somewhere.

http://www.juancole.com/2010/08/stewart-fox-smears-owner-alwaleed-bin-talal.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+juancole%2Fymbn+%28Informed+Comment%29&utm_content=Yahoo%21+Mail

Well, if you get your "hard news" from John Stewart, your word vomit makes much more sense to me.

I'd like you to show me 1 UNBIASED poll that supports any of the lies you mentioned above.

Real Clear Politics polls taken TODAY (RCP is an average of ALL the polls)

Majority of voters will vote Republican. Rep: 46.1 Dem: 41.1

Obama (and initiatives) Approve 46 Disapprove: 49.6 (and in most polls it is above 50% disapprove)

And your tea-party comment is so stupid I don't even want to waste time responding.

jaredwb said:
Well, if you get your "hard news" from John Stewart, your word vomit makes much more sense to me.
I'd like you to show me 1 UNBIASED poll that supports any of the lies you mentioned above.
Real Clear Politics polls taken TODAY (RCP is an average of ALL the polls)
Majority of voters will vote Republican. Rep: 46.1 Dem: 41.1
Obama (and initiatives) Approve 46 Disapprove: 49.6 (and in most polls it is above 50% disapprove)
And your tea-party comment is so stupid I don't even want to waste time responding.

Sorry, it may not have been evident by the highlighted by-line "posted on August 24, 2010 by Juan" preceding the text or the link below the printed text to Juan Cole's web site, but the text which you attack is a reprint from Juan Cole's Informed Consent website. I do not share all of Cole's opinions, but I thought this Stewart tape and Cole's intro were entertaining. Sorry for causing you to get apoplectic.

M1ke said:
Yeah. Better off with solid, reliable news outlets like Fox News. No reality distortion there :rolleyes:
Exactly. The point of my post was to highlight the laughable incongruity of Fox newscasters slamming that suspicious-possibly-terrorist-related-Saudi GZ mosque benefactor, Alwaleed bin Talal, when Talal is the 2nd largest stockholder of Fox.
Like Cole on causation, I vote for both pure evil and terminally stupid. The jury is still out on some of the ranters who pretend to add to any serious dialogue on these threads.

Back