Grrr! Argentine Supermarkets

I didn't notice, but you better check by yourself. I usually check with dia and with discount is usually cheaper. I also checked with catalogues and didn't see much difference. Now I actually spend less and buy only what I need, but never meat or vegetables. Probably they are OK, but I have this covered closer to me for the same price. Win is combination of coto and some cc, that has 20% discount. I usually order day before, discounts apply to delivery day. However, they have limited deliveries, so before ordering you check this. For me is so convenient, that even higher price can't force me back in the line ;)

Colleague from work is also satisfied with Walmart delivery,the others I don't know.

I mentioned this to Adri last night and she said, "Why is it always me that has to do the shopping?"
I told her what I thought of supermarkets here and she said "Is there nothing you don't complain about?"
I had to chuckle.

My favorite thing now is trying to pick the slowest lane, I make it into a game, if I pick the slowest rudest lane I win. My wife who is pregnant tries to use the priority lane but it is sometimes slower, and ruder than the other lanes. We like to joke that it's ok if regular people use the priority lane because they indeed do have a mental handicap and are all "retarded"

My favorite thing now is trying to pick the slowest lane, I make it into a game, if I pick the slowest rudest lane I win. My wife who is pregnant tries to use the priority lane but it is sometimes slower, and ruder than the other lanes. We like to joke that it's ok if regular people use the priority lane because they indeed do have a mental handicap and are all "retarded"

Just curious. Why do you continue to live here, have babies here.. if the country, the supermarket and most of the the people suck big time ( aka retards)?

Must be a very compellling reason!

I rather like this counterintuitive approach of trying to choose the slowest lane. When you look for the fastest, you are usually disappointed, but trying for the slowest will always get you out of the store ahead of your expectations. This is a skill that can be used anywhere in the world!

Just curious. Why do you continue to live here, have babies here.. if the country, the supermarket and most of the the people suck big time ( aka retards)?

Must be a very compellling reason!

Most of us have important reasons to live here, but I fail to see connection between them and complaining about things that don't work (and searching solutions). When you live in "normal" place, fast lines in supermarkets and other similar benefits are not something you point out as important thing, however, when they don't work you complain about them. Is normal, especially when elsewhere can work but here somehow can't.

I also use word "retarded" for people not respecting rules and not seeing anyone except themselves. And sadly in Argentina there is a lot of mentally disabled people, that cannot see past their nose...

Most of us have important reasons to live here

For Example?

Like someone has put a gun on your head?

Or

Your 'awesome' home country is not allowing you to enter back?

Or

You have a 100K ( USD) job in Arg?? ahem! ahem! ( Do share..Many jobless expats will love to know more)

Or

You are stateless? Tch Tch Tch..Poor baby!

Or

You are in a hiding here from 'Big Brother' **Shudder**

Or

Your Argentine spouse has put her/his foot down in living with you in your awesome home country ( but accepts that she/he and her/his countrymen are are "retards")

Or

Your children here are getting better education here that you would ever get in your "awesome" home country??

Or

You are unable to afford medical bills in your "awesome" home country??

Or

Here to plant a "Anchor Baby" in order to get papers of this 'retarded' country, and then be "invisible" from the Big brother of your "Awesome" Country.

Or

Get laid here at will, by indulging in the thriving 'Pay for Play' industry here.

Or

Honor this 'retarded' country by trying to learn the art of "Tango" Dance or " Polo" sport, and then carry the 'art/sport' forward to your 'awesome' home country?

=====

All "ears" for your most compelling reason to live in a country of failed supermarket, failed economy and bunch of retards.

Sometimes reasons are a bit too complex to be debated on forum, so I will just say that mine are mostly family related. Anyway, what I learned here when complaining about anything are answers escalating in this order: es asi/you will get used/go back to your country ;)

It's OK, you have freedom of speech, but so do I...

The first rule of el supermercado is: You do not talk about el supermercado. The second rule of el supermercado is: You do not talk about el supermercado. Third rule of el supermercado: Someone yells stop, goes limp, taps out, the fight is over. Fourth rule: only ten guys to a fight for the checkout queue....

Ceviche, many of us come from places that are improved over time because we don't accept less. It is a cultural thing. When we move to a place that has obvious problems (to us), we tend to complain. It doesn't even mean that the place doesn't please us in other ways. Complaining on a forum because we know that complaining about bad service or any other load of crap (sometimes literally) that bothers us is probably much better than complaining in person and causing a stink, because we also know that we live in another culture and our complaining directly (although sometimes complaints in person are required) will not change anything and would most likely bring heat down on us were we to do so continuously in public.

What I can't for the life of me figure out is why you are so offended when we complain about something on the forum. Why it bothers you so much that we use this forum to blow off steam so it doesn't come to a head in public at some point.

And some of us are here because we have things tying us here. The offset of "the ties that bind" vs breaking other, often more important, ties is usually what keeps us here when we may feel overly sensitive with some constant irritations for us. I have good reasons to continue to be here even though I would prefer to be somewhere else, while still enjoying being in Buenos Aires.

Let us blow off our steam, dude!

Back