Grrr! Argentine Supermarkets

Plus, complaining is a porteño past time. It's part of integrating with the culture!

Of course, complaining about complaining is still complaining, so I'm fine with Ceviche's complaints.

Ceviche, Let us blow off our steam, dude!

When did I stop "you" of all the people from blowing off your steam, **dude**? ( your mile long posts will never cease, irrespective of all any ""steam"" I blow here, **dude**!)

I can't for the life of me, remember when/why did I offend you, so much, that you have to refer a 3rd party conversation between me and another member, to come out at me with all guns blazing,** dude**??

I'm sorry you took my quite calmly worded comments as some kind of insult, Ceviche. I've complained bout things on this forum many times (not nearly as much as I used to) and since this is a public forum, I thought it wouldn't hurt anyone's sensibilities to make a nicely-worded reply that included my own thoughts on the matter.

If you think what I wrote was "all guns blazing", you obviously haven't paid attention to what I write when someone pisses me off enough - which doesn't happen very often.

As far as using the word "dude" - sorry as well if that offended you, but it is generally used in an endearing, friendly fashion, certainly not intended as insult.

You seem to be very irritable today, friend.

Since I'm that other member, I'll try to defend myself ;)

I found your post on possible reasons quite funny, but also sad in a way. It is true, that many are using Argentinian permissive way for their benefit, but I'm not one of those. I do try to get by as good as possible, but on long run staying here I'm loosing. My country is not awesome, since I'm not from USA or some Nordic place, but has all what Argentina can offer, and a bit more. But it doesn't have few people I tend to like enough, to stay here for some time.

Anyway, I won't stay forever, but this is not because of supermarket lines and general redness, but because I don't like huge cities, even less one surrounded with llanura. Also I can't see my children play in specially designed places, instead of nature and so on.

But I can tell you, that if I would be able to use Argentinian broken system for my economical benefit, I would complain way less. Now I'm mostly complaining, because it is hard to see rich and beautiful country swallowed by greedy and bad people, while millions struggle through everyday life. This is what most bothers me and make me angry every time, when I see rude mindless people, that help worsening situation. Because welfare of nation depends on everyone doing best. Sadly in Argentina in this moment prospere the worst.

Back