Guinness.

Gerry said:
JP, OK well who do I avoid ?

Kilkenny do a lousy pint with an extraordinary price tag.
I think I tried shamrock and a few other places before giving up, and adding guinness to the list of things I look forward to when I go home.

Try Antares - Armenia 1447. No Guinness, but two decent stouts on draught. Good pale ale as well.

Down Town Mattias serves a decent pint of Guinness, and if memory serves me, at a similar price to what you pay at home. I was expecting it to be terrible, but was VERY surprised to find a perfect pint (This was in the DTM at the Buenos Aires Design Centre in Recoleta)....

I have drank it at other DTM venues in town, and found it great. Having said that, and as a Guinness lover, I would concur with others regarding the good locally brewed beers here. Antares, Kingston, Bullers spring to mind, so try them out, and if you like to try a Bottled beer, try the Otro Mundo, and excellent range you can find in bars and supermarkets around.

Is there anybody who doesn't like Antares or OtroMundo. I don't; am I just crazy?

I totally agree with you. Antares is pretty bad. But I know a few people who like it alot. It's all about personal preference though.

If anyone is looking for a good Belgium Dark Ale option in BA. I would suggest going to Jumbo and picking up a few of these.

resized_20100406_terrible_074_SHsm_.jpg

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/22/3635/

* warning * drinking too much of this will quickly f**k you up.

JoeBlow said:
Is there anybody who doesn't like Antares or OtroMundo. I don't; am I just crazy?

Quilmes Stout is like a soft drink... I don't think it can really qualify as a Guinness replacement.

Liam3494 said:
Down Town Mattias serves a decent pint of Guinness, and if memory serves me, at a similar price to what you pay at home. I was expecting it to be terrible, but was VERY surprised to find a perfect pint (This was in the DTM at the Buenos Aires Design Centre in Recoleta)....

I have drank it at other DTM venues in town, and found it great. Having said that, and as a Guinness lover, I would concur with others regarding the good locally brewed beers here. Antares, Kingston, Bullers spring to mind, so try them out, and if you like to try a Bottled beer, try the Otro Mundo, and excellent range you can find in bars and supermarkets around.

Liam, Thank you for the input, I'll put it to good use, Gerry.

Liam3494 said:

The Mattias on Reconquista & ~Viamonte is the one I was referring to on the first page. AR$30/pint on St. Patty's Day earlier this year.

Quilmes Stout is fine if you like corn syrup in your stout.

I had a Guinness at some bar in Plaza Serrano and it was $30 pesos I believe. I've never been to the UK but it tasted much better than the shit that gets exported to the US. It was also in a UK pint. I'll have to check out DTM for sure.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Expat Life 2