Guitar instructor wanted

ElQueso

Registered
I'm looking for someone who understands and can teach music, and guitar in particular, to teach not only how to play guitar, but some basic and maybe mid-level musical concepts as well.

This is for my 16 year old sister-in-law. She has an acoustic guitar, far out of tune, and is dying to learn how to play. But I don't want it to be only an informal kind of thing where she learns to play a few songs, for example.

She speaks some basic English, but probably not enough for good communication with someone who only speaks English. We would need someone that has some conversational knowledge of Spanish as well, though it doesn't have to be a high level by any means, I would think.

We would prefer classes here in our apartment, located about a half block from Plaza San Martin.

Anyone interested, please send me a PM.

I personally know Julian Repetto (guitarrist of the band Los Grumis).
You can check their music via this link:
http://soundcloud.com/los-grumis/1-simetrica
Julian's native language is Spanish and he also speaks some English.
He teaches both acoustic and electric guitar.
If interested send me a PM and I will give you Julian's contact information.

I just sent you a PM with contact details of a local experienced teacher , teaching almost all guitar styles,from classical,via argentine folklore to folk and bluegrass .He studies music at uni so he can also teach musical concepts and theory.

Hi!

A friend of mine just saw this post and gave me a shout out to contact you...I just joined the site.

I am a 22 year-old teacher from NY, just graduated from music school at Cornell, and guitar is my main instrument. I've taught piano & guitar lessons and have a strong music theory background as well. I typically teach jazz and rock, but I also have dabbled into Classical and Flamenco.

I'm a native english speaker but have studied in Spain and am conversationally fluent in Spanish.

Please let me know if you're interested! And check out my website for more details:
http://danielavilessons.blogspot.com.ar/

-Daniel

forgot to mention...I'm living in Palermo Hollywood, have a guitar of my own, and would be happy to commute!

Hi, My son is 18 years old and is currently teaching guitar. He is currently in level 4 spanish and has good conversational skills. My email is [email protected] if you would like to speak further. I'm sure he can schedule a time for private lessons. We recently moved from the US and he wanted to teach for a while before entering music school in Bs As.

Back