Gym/Fitness courses

thomas-french

Registered
Hi,
I am looking for a gym club in Palermo preferably in the neighborhood of Parque Las Heras. Anyone has a tip or can advise me one in this area ?
thanks
Tom

Hi,

There is one across the park on Coronel Diaz called Wellness or Wellclub.

There is another one called Renacimiento on the corner of Sanchez de Bustamante and Las Heras, but it looks like a cave.

Its WellClub. And yes its on Coronel Diaz. There is also another WellClub one up on Arenales (runs parallel to Las Heras, further up towards Sante Fe) and is not far from the corner of Coronel Diaz and Arenales. A membership gives you access to all clubs. Price per month was a touch below $400 pesos last time I checked, however unlike many others they dont require a medical. I paid around $2400 for a year a couple of months ago however I believe that price is now closer to $3000.

The Alto Palermo wing of Megatlon is also not too far away. Megatlon is in a higher league than WellClub however so are its prices. I think for a year now they are a touch below $5000 pesos for the platinum membership.

There is also another gym on Las Heras up towards Barrio Norte/Recoleta about 3 blocks up from Parque Las Heras. Its alot cheaper but doesnt have too much to offer.

those prices for well club are wrong. if you sign up for 3 months the price is currently $270/month. 6 months is $250/month.

Well club is awesome though slightly pricey. I found much worse gyms for about $200/month near Parque Las Heras (Renacimiento was one). Wellclub has great classes. I go to the Las Heras location as well as the Salguero location in Barrio Parque.

My friend pays $400/month at Megatlon. I think its a bit nicer but you're paying a good bit more.

Lauren, you may notice I was quoting prices from when I signed up 2 months ago (well to be exact start of Jan).

For WellClub I was quoted $360 for 1 MONTH at that time. I paid $2400 for 1 year (cash) (works out to $200 per month) at that same time. 1 week later, I was told that price had increased for a 1 year membership to $2800 (ie close to $3000 per year). I would assume given inflation that has since jumped.

I never quoted prices for 3 and 6 months.

I can tell you for a fact though, that Megatlon Alto Palermo is now more than $400 per month. Happy to send the link to their latest price if any1 would like to see it.

WellClub is definitely a good gym and although not in the same class as Megatlon its good value for money for an Arg gym.

sorry trennod you were right! i just read that you paid 400 pesos for wellclub and didn't think about the single month price. sorry about that! you are absolutely right about the prices rising.

the truth is the decent gyms here are expensive. you can find them for 120 pesos but with no amenities whatsoever. my gym is the US had individual TV's per machine + classes and air conditioning and it was like $30/month : ( they are more of a luxury here, and also a status thing (my argentine friends tell me megatlon is to 'see and be seen')

No problems, definitely agree with everything you have said here about gyms being overpriced and Megatlon, I guess it is like most things here!

Tom I just thought about it as well, Always Club is another gym in Palermo, albeit its a bit further away than Parque Las Heras (its up on Paraguay). Last time I checked (about 3 months ago) it had a 1 month price of $240 pesos per month and from memory was about $2000 per month for a 12 month membership. Thats actually really good value as well and I would have joined there if not for distance from my apartment.

thomas-french said:
Hi,
I am looking for a gym club in Palermo preferably in the neighborhood of Parque Las Heras. Anyone has a tip or can advise me one in this area ?
thanks
Tom
we live in the same neighborhood let me know if you find anything you love and what the class offering looks like lol....I will let you know if I come across anything as well.

A

Back