Gym - Walkable from Chacarita

TexasPete

Registered
Just curious if anyone has a gym recommendation that is walkable from the area near Strange Brewing. I've searched the threads and found recommendations for SportsClub (closed on Sundays) and Megatlon La Imprenta (long walk).

It makes sense that most are in Palermo Soho & Hollywood, but is there anywhere that has decent cardio machines that I could get a monthly pass? Thank you!

I often go to Megatlon Villa Crespo. It's a few blocks from the Dorrego Subte station. They have good cardio machines, and it's one of the few Megatlon gyms that is open on Sundays

I often go to Megatlon Villa Crespo. It's a few blocks from the Dorrego Subte station. They have good cardio machines, and it's one of the few Megatlon gyms that is open on Sundays
What does a Megatlon membership set one back these days?

What does a Megatlon membership set one back these days?
I went to the Megatlon at Alto Palermo and they must have seen my gringo face and proposed something ridiculous like 130K+ pesos, there's no way that's the local price. I ended up signing up elsewhere for much less

I went to the Megatlon at Alto Palermo and they must have seen my gringo face and proposed something ridiculous like 130K+ pesos, there's no way that's the local price. I ended up signing up elsewhere for much less

Was that per month? The price may have included things like an in-house Apta Fisica and a membership fee (usually a one-time payment). Megatlon is a big chain. Getting overcharged there would be like getting overcharged at McDonald's. That said 130k is too much for a monthly fee, of course.

Was that per month? The price may have included things like an in-house Apta Fisica and a membership fee (usually a one-time payment). Megatlon is a big chain. Getting overcharged there would be like getting overcharged at McDonald's. That said 130k is too much for a monthly fee, of course.
That was indeed per month, that's why I was gobsmacked. The Alto Palermo branch was just ok, not even luxury or anything like that. I had Lifetime Fitness in USA for the same price, those are some really nice gyms in comparison

Any nice gyms in Villa Crespo? I'm thinking I'll just walk up to XXL on Scalabrini, because their prices were reasonable 2 years ago... not sure what they would be now, of course they don't publish them...

Back