Gym

Reinaldo

Registered
Just went to visit Megatlon in Palermo Shopping. They quoted me 4880 pesos for 3 months and 1200 pesos for the 4th month (i'm here for 4 months.) That is way, way more than my gym in the US. Anyone else using Megatlon? How much do you pay?

Yes it is much more expensive than the USA. Megatlon is overrated and truly crowded. Look for another one place if you can, gyms here are truly funny places

Megatlon and Sports Palace are more or less the same price . We are paying 1500 per month in Sports Palace in Nazca and Gaona . Its a lot of cash but they haev an all year round pool.

Go and work out in Palermo park and use body weight.

I belong to Sport Club, about 1/2 the price of Megatlon (at least as of a year ago, when I was looking for a gym). Not quite as nice facilities as Megatlon and some can be crowded, but they are reasonable. I pay $700 a month per membership on a one year contract with three memberships (a small discount). I don't know what the walk-in price is at Sport Club - but to tell you the truth, I thought Megatlon was around 1200 - 1300 on a monthly contract (at least - it seemed like it was that high a year or so ago when I was looking) so I'm surprised that 3 months you got quoted for $1600 pesos without a contract at Megatlon.

Gyms in Argentina are a lot more expensive than in tbe States. But all the equipment is imported and they probably pay around 50% in taxes and import fees.

I just paid 6390 pesos for 6 months at Megatlon Barrio Norte last week but it is big and bright and I could pay with my credit card.

I wonder why all the locals go there?? There are so many choices open to them.

I just paid 6390 pesos for 6 months at Megatlon Barrio Norte last week but it is big and bright and I could pay with my credit card.

I wonder why all the locals go there?? There are so many choices open to them.
Argentinians like to do things that others do....we are more into what "is best for me" in the USA (born here but lived most of my life away)

there are gyms "de barrio", like one on libertad street, between arenales and juncal and another in palermo, ugarteche almost av las heras towards juncal street. Both with a tiny entrance and the facilities are upstairs.

Back