HAIRDRESSER RECO -- blonde from NYC

I have nothing constructive to say except "ojo" when it comes to blonde colour here. I'm a natural blonde but as I've gotten older, it's gotten darker. I'm from NYC and wanted to replicate the colour I used to have there. I tried 4 or 5 places here and asked them to lighten it up and then add some highlights. I wound up with some really, really bad colour. Honey blonde = platinum blonde. Or worse - I once wound up with hair that was bright yellow. Think Crayola crayon yellow.:eek:

I finally gave up and actually dyed my hair chocolate brown.

bmurphey..... thank you so much for asking this question! I am a NY blond who then was a florida blond before moving here, so i can relate!
I moved here a couple of months ago and have already had one disaster and then had it fixed. The fix made it look better, however if i had had the "fix" version the 1st time through, i would have declared it a disaster... I'm talking highlights with a "cap" etc. i wanted to run.
Anyway, thank you to everyone who left the suggestions as well!!! Reading this thread has made my day!
Bmurphey, i plan on getting my hair fixed yet again in the next month... i will use one of these suggestions and let you know how it turns out!! Or if you happen to get yours done here first, will you get back to me?

Thanks to everyone!

Jorge from "Loop" is your man. Goerge Mc Fly in Facebook or 15 6251 3112. (Tuesday to Saturday)

Also the salon is super cool and in an apartment, hidden from the street, in Recoleta. He works with one other, Milagros and they are groovers and popular with the trendy Argentine.

His English listening skills are ok so you won't get pink hair and a shave if you prefer otherwise but to make the appointment it might be easier via the net as the phone can be a bit tricky.

Not sure what he charges for colour but I've seen excellent results walk out the door. I've never noticed either of them doing extensions.

A wicked stylish cut goes for 60 pesos.

WORTH it.

kirstyk

Hi, one of the top hairdressers in the city that does all the Argentinean models in the hair is Roberto Giordana and Alberto Sanders. They've both cut my hair and I prefer Alberto Sanders. He's located on Las Heras between Junin and Uriburu in Recoleta. You can't make an appointment with him. You have to show up at 9am and get on a waiting list. Bring a book as you might end up waiting for three hours. Hope that helps.

I have gone to Terrie Orr and she is really fantastic I went 2 or 3 times and I will go to her again, her haircuts are really good, she is a member of baexpats, she is bahairdresser, go to her without worries
Reina

Hi Terrie Orr is in Ireland and will be back September 10 th she is really good Iam a local and I know what say I have gone to many saloons like Giordano hairdressers here have no training that`s the point!
Reina

I have gone to Terrie Orr and she is really fantastic I went 2 or 3 times and I will go to her again, her haircuts are really good, she is a member of baexpats, she is bahairdresser, go to her without worries
Reina

Thanks so much for this Reina..I have also tried Giordano and the supposed experts here and the coloring is a freaking disaster..so brassy or worse stripy..I had more stripes than a zebra on my last visit..and Im 41 and whilst still gorgeous I dont want the same haircut as an 18yr old thanks or that stupid flicky out style all older women with craggy faces seem to use here. If Terrie goes to Ireland she has good taste so I am hopeful already..thanks again for recommendation.

Hi Fi Fs
Don`t worry Iam 55 though I look younger and I don`t want to look as an 18 years old girl, Terrie is in Ireland but will be back September 10th, she is on skype and if you can`t find her email is [email protected] Terrie has a very nice taste now I can make the difference between a good haircut and a bad as Iam a local I used to go to one of those saloons where they offer coffee a massage but never ever a good haircut, go to her without worries I know she also go to your place and she doesn`t charge a fortune that`s very important at least to me!!

deadlegs said:
I am a natural blond who likes to get natural highlights and after a couple of disasters as well I have found a great place on Gurruchaga and Costa Rica in Palermo Soho called Llongueras http://www.llongueras.com/. They are not cheap by Argy standards but they are very good. I have long hair and to have a cut, full colours with a couple of different blonds mixed through to create the natural look as well as some funky treatment, blow dry and style it is around $300 pesos. I hope that helps

USD$70 for cut color treatment blowdry style sounds pretty good for a top salon!

Back