Happy Festivus!

baexpatss_zpsf4192f60.png

I`m terribly disappointed in the level of cheer in this thread. Maybe you`ve got it wrong Pauper, maybe every other day of the year is Festivus, and today is the exception.

Here`s a bit of moaning to bring the thread down:

So I don`t usually get presents for my MIL and rest of family, they just get one from us, ie my husband & me. Which means that rather than having to shoulder the entire burden I am just a co-counselor. Except that this year, even though my MIL hasn`t a penny to her name and is talking about moving to San Bernardo (ie the most depressing place on earth at any point other than the temporada, at which point it`s only mildly insulting), for some reason has insisted on spending money on me, she got me a birthday present, a mother`s day present, she even got me some random holiday present (don`t ask me which one since there are like 37 and I`ve given up on remembering).

So I decide I`d have to get her something. Except that 1) she`s effing impossible to buy for, 2) We`ve been trying to limit to spending 300 per person but my husband already bought her something from Awada so i decide ok I'll spend another 250 tops, 3) I have no car, which means that instead of this being a one shot and I'm done purchase I have walked about 9 hrs over the course of three days, sat on innumberable buses and been to a crazy amount of shops in order to find her something decent and that she wouldn't have to change -- and that fit into the rather tight budget.

after 3 days I ended up buying her some earrings that I frankly think are total crap from isadora -- she just got her hair cut short so I got her two pairs of dangly earrings. I spent 200 pesos. I left the shop, walk home, and then remember, the woman is bloody allergic to everything -- she probably won't even be able to use these made in China crapola earrings. Anyway, it's done, she can change them for a scarf, I'm NOT going back out there.

Happy Festivus, we actually have an aluminum pole up in our bathroom (a spare shower pole that has never been installed). Maybe I'll go set it up now.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Articles 0
Rich One Expat Life 2
EdRooney Expat Life 4
Iznogud Expat Life 12
Iznogud Expat Life 5
Back