Has anybody done 23andme test from Argentina?

Status
Not open for further replies.

D.B. Cooper

Registered
I’m curious to find out if anybody has done the 23andme test from Argentina because you have to send a saliva sample through the mail.
When I was born my mother made me a genealogy tree that dates back to the 19th Century. I know I have European ancestry from both sides of the family. But I'm wondering whether the $100.00 price tag is worth it or if it’s just a waste of money.

Are you aware that all these DNA test companies share data with the feds, and you wind up in a national DNA database used by FBI and all the other alphabet soup agencies?

I understand you're not the real DB Cooper, but this has potential implications not just for you but for anyone related to you, and opens up a whole can of worms re potential false accusations.

And then there's the potential for sharing with other private companies who may do god-knows-what with your DNA info.

Just saying. And yeah yeah yeah, I know, but paranoia is defined as an unreasonable fear, and in this day of rapidly advancing biotech, who is to say where lies the boundary between reasonable and unreasonable?

I’m curious to find out if anybody has done the 23andme test from Argentina because you have to send a saliva sample through the mail.
When I was born my mother made me a genealogy tree that dates back to the 19th Century. I know I have European ancestry from both sides of the family. But I'm wondering whether the $100.00 price tag is worth it or if it’s just a waste of money.
Worth every penny - fascinating and informative. I ultimately found my family after years of fruitless searches.

Worth every penny - fascinating and informative. I ultimately found my family after years of fruitless searches.
Did you do it from Argentina?…also did you do the complete one with the health report or just the genealogy info. Thanks.

Do you have the kit? Otherwise not sure how they would send it to ARG. They don't ship it here. Sending it back would also be an issue as it needs to get to them relatively quick I would guess or the DNA may start to degrade after a few days...unless you want to pay for extra to FedEx it.

Do you have the kit? Otherwise not sure how they would send it to ARG. They don't ship it here. Sending it back would also be an issue as it needs to get to them relatively quick I would guess or the DNA may start to degrade after a few days...unless you want to pay for extra to FedEx it.
Thanks. You’re right!!!…they don't ship to any country south of the Mason-Dixon line…that’s weird.
I’m glad I asked.

A friend of mine bought a test and then had to fedex it back to the USA for processing. It was expensive because it counts as a bio sample.

You can always have someone bring it to you or reroute it but frankly I'd just wait till next time you are in the US and do it then.
i redid my 23andme test when i was in the USA. They upgrade their sampling tech periodically so you can get some different results if its latest gen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back