Has Anyone been a Volunteer for Habitat for Humanity Argentina before?-1st time in BA

bmagda

Registered
Hi All!

I'm so glad I found this website. I am about to embark to Argentina to volunteer with Habitat for Humanity. I wanted to know if anyone here has ever had that experience and what they thought of it?

Secondly, I have several question about actually arriving and living in BA.

I was told the water is drinkable. However, I have a relatively, easily upset stomach. I was thinking of getting a water filter. Would that work? Or is bottled water the best to go?

How expensive is grocery shopping in BA? Is American food more expensive over there?

Have you guys felt any effect from the volcano in Chile?

Any issues at customs with a round trip ticket that lasts longer than the 90 days? Mine is 5 months.

I was also looking to teach English on the side. Does anyone have any clients that I could be recommended to? I have a Bachelor's and previous language tutoring experience.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks so much!!

Hi there,

I don't know about Habitat for Humanity in Argentina but I volunteered for "Un Techo Para Mi Pais" which is very similar and I found it to be a wonderful experience. Here is the link: http://www.untechoparamipais.org/argentina/

It was a 2 day event and the house that we built was quite modest compared to the Habitat version. The nice thing is that you can finish a house during the 2 days and help the family to move in.

Hope this helps...

Saludos.

Back