Has Anyone Tried To Get A Tourist Visa To Brazil Recently?

HeyRach

Registered
Hi,

I am from the US and I am trying to obtain a tourist visa to Brazil. I have friends who have already gone through the process of getting their visas, so I have tried the order of making a reservation as told: Make a reservation and go to the consolate with all of your information. The problem is that when I try to make a reservation on the calendar I am unable to!!!
I have tried 4 browsers, multiples
here:http://www.conbrasil.org.ar/agendamento/_calendario/calendario.aspx

Can anyone help!?

Thanks,
Rachael

Hi,

I am from the US and I am trying to obtain a tourist visa to Brazil. I have friends who have already gone through the process of getting their visas, so I have tried the order of making a reservation as told: Make a reservation and go to the consolate with all of your information. The problem is that when I try to make a reservation on the calendar I am unable to!!!

Can anyone help!?

Thanks,
Rachael

In Puerto Iguazú, you can get same day service.

With a US passport I would recommend you google CBIT is a passport agency fill the forms send the documents and your passport it is a bit pricey but I have found worth every penny , next thing ( depending on what service you pick ) passport is back your door with all the visas requested .
is like magic , off course you have to be able to stay with out the passport for some days , unless you have a passport copy which they can get for you also not cheap but if you travel a lot and need visas worth every penny again

Getting a Brasilian tourist visa with a US passport isn't too difficult, I had to do this about 2 months ago. As long as your current visa isn't expired, all you need to do is provide proof of a bank account that has at least $1,000 (they might want the previous 3 months of statements), proof of flight and hotel reservations, and a form you need to print off the website (which will ask for a passport photo "photo carnet"). When I was there, they were allowing people to come any weekday without a reservation, but you had to show up at exactly 9 o'clock when it opened, or preferably a little before. I'm not positive that they are still allowing this, but my impression was that that it was common practice.

Hi,

Can anyone help!?

Thanks,
Rachael

Any update on this Rachael? I'm experiencing the same problem with the website, it just doesn't seem to be working. My secretary is calling them but they are not answering, so we have sent an email.

weird, i just did the process the 26 of february, there was no problem with system then -- the page must have an error.you could just go to the embassy one morning this week (go before 11am, I think after that it's just for pick up) -- they have computers there where you can print out all the forms, and someone shoud be able to help you with the problem with getting a turno. Sorry but I doubt email will be any more effective than telephone -- probably best just to go in person.

I just got my visa today and we submitted all the paperwork last Friday. They are super fast.I had exactly the same situation you had. You can't really schedule your appointment yourself online. If you have already filled out the online form and you have your confirmation number send them an email with that number and request the appointment. You should get an answer within two days. I am sure you can also just go to the consulate without an appointment as no one really checked ours. Just show up at 9.30 am with the printed form, with your picture, passport and DNI if yo have one.
I am sure you will have no issues.
Best
Pato

I applied for my visa today. I showed up at the consulate at 9am when it opened without an appointment and it wasn't a problem. I sent the consulate an email saying I couldn't sign up for an appointment several days prior and they said to just show up with a print out of that email. No one asked to see the email so I'm guessing it's fine if you just magically appear when the doors open at 9.

She needed a print out of the application reciept. The form had to include an address in BA with a BA telephone number and an address in Brazil. I had a small problem because they lady said the phone number I listed wasn't from BA even though it's the one listed on my short-term appartment rental contract. After a bit of arguing she conceded but said I'd have problems if the consulate needed to call. She did not ask for a hotel/hostel reservation nor a return flight ticket reservation.

Aside from the addresses that went in the application all I needed was a passport photo, my passport and a bank statement. A simple printout of my recent online transactions and balance from my bank's website was fine. I am a US citizen and am not a resident of Argentina, if that makes any difference.

They said my passport could be picked up tomorrow (next day) between noon and 1.

Back