Have you been on a "visa run" lately?

• Yes - no problems I got my stamp without hassles

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Yes - problems but I got my stamp anyway

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • No

Votes: 8 66.7%

• Total voters
I did so in December, but probably a little misleading as I had only been in town about a month, and returned to the States a couple weeks after a short trip to Uruguay. Strictly speaking, I guess, it wasn't a visa run, as my 90 days had not expired.

I did so in December, but probably a little misleading as I had only been in town about a month, and returned to the States a couple weeks after a short trip to Uruguay. Strictly speaking, I guess, it wasn't a visa run, as my 90 days had not expired.
Doesn't count, me bhoy :) I am trying to find out if the problem in the link (in my first post) is a lone swallow or a change of practice.

It has to be after 11 April 2013 and a genuine VisaRun to extend a 90 day visa.

Doesn't count, me bhoy :) I am trying to find out if the problem in the link (in my first post) is a lone swallow or a change of practice.

It has to be after 11 April 2013 and a genuine VisaRun to extend a 90 day visa.

Sorry for the inattention, I have broken ribs and am a little dopey from the Percocet.

I went 2 weeks ago to Uruguay. On the way out, the customs agent mentioned that they might not be able to let me back in, which I perceived as an empty threat and went anyway. On the way back in, they asked me the usual questions about what I'm doing here and when I'm planning on going back to the US, but nothing unusual. Stamp and I was through. I've been here 15 months and have overstayed once.

I overstayed last year by 9 months and got the stern look upon paying my fee at Ezeiza. Then I came back in December and crossed down in Patagonia on a daytour to Torres del Paine, Chile... no word as I was in 'tourist' mode for real, at least! Now I'm off to the states for 10 days and dreading the aduana window upon return... I've been here 1.5 years and it feels like more and more reports of problems (note I'm American but using my French passport, not sure if that makes a difference)

I went 2 weeks ago to Uruguay. On the way out, the customs agent mentioned that they might not be able to let me back in, which I perceived as an empty threat and went anyway. On the way back in, they asked me the usual questions about what I'm doing here and when I'm planning on going back to the US, but nothing unusual. Stamp and I was through. I've been here 15 months and have overstayed once.
I have -strangely enough - never been asked questions on entry, only on exit. A grumpy ¿Que hace en Argentina? I told him I was travelling in Argentina (with 48 stamps :) ), Chile and Europe. The Chilean guy sitting next to him gave me a big smile, thumb up (litterally), and an entry stamp in 10 seconds.

Back