Health Insurance.

Talking about dental plans: Hospital Italiano doesn't have own dentists and covers very, very little. I was used to do a "limpieza de boca" every six months, it only allows once a year.

I have been with Medicus for about 25 years now, and it is not as good as it used to be. I think OSDE is the way to go. I might try to change this year. Hospital Italiano is great for complex surgeries etc, maybe not for routine check ups, dental, etc but much more affordable and if you are over 65 yrs they take you with no issues. Omint is very good - US embassy used to give this to their employees. I did not have good experiences with Swiss Medical.

I used to use OSDE, then Swiss Medical but then changed to Staff Medico and was pleasantly surprised. I have access to San Camilo, Clinica del Sol, Bazterrica (all excellent hospitals). They cover some dental work, but no cosmetic procedures. If you go to the gym they return part of your monthly payments and if you do a basic health check which consists of a blood test and you sign an affidavit swearing you don't smoke you don't have to pay insurance for one month. In essence you pay only 11 months of insurance for 12 months of coverage.

i see reference to age - Swiss Medical et. al.
I am now 70 - on Medicare and Supplemental in the States
live five months a year here
have no medical issues
Swiss med is quoting 4100 pesos a month as long as I pass a 3500 physical

There must be a cheaper option -- PM me please on whom I should contact
more than one if you have same and perhaps contacts too

many thanks

walter

That seems really expensive, when I signed up for osde it seemed the only had 3 age based price categories, none of which even approached what you were quoted.

See this link for pricing info:

http://lamedicinaprepaga.com.ar/precios-osde.html

I have had galeno for years thank god i never needed anything serious but for what i need its great
i have the lowest plan since im argentine i dont need english-speaking drs maybe this plays a difference with other prepagas dont know
it still is very $ compared to what i have in the czech republic over 150% more than what i pay in prague

Back