Health Insurance Consultant

hankscott

Registered
I am an expat who has been granted a one-year temporary residency in Argentina, which I intend to extend each of the next two years and then make it permanent. I am trying to find a health insurance policy that covers only Argentine health care, and find it all quite confusing. Can anyone recommend a consultant I could hire to help me find a plan? I have been dealing with many insurance brokers, whose recommendations are. influenced by the money they receive from insurance providers. I want an independent assessor.

What is an 'independent assessor'? Sounds like a friend or brother-in-law. Here you will have to deal with each insurance company independently (as far as I know). And in person...not on the Internet or phone. What the Internet may offer may be a dead offer. Do not change any insurance you have until you know the landscape here. And by companies I also mean individual hospitals.

Hi Hank, when I started shopping around for a healthcare insurance last December I did not use a broker but approached directly what looked like good candidates (OSDE, Medicus, Swiss Medical, Sancor...), and none of them tried to sell me a policy covering more than just Argentina. A few mentioned that they would cover Mercosur, while Medicus, which is the one I eventually chose, told me that one of their plan (CELESTE), would cover health while on vacation abroad, including the US (but excluding Europe), although with a cap. I would suggest contacting them directly, maybe with the help of a Spanish speaking friend, and ask for a quote on just what you need. They have plenty of plans, so I am quite sure you are gonna get what you need.

Luckily there are no middle me here for health insurance. I would say, its a good thing.

Just walk into 4-5 different health insurance offices and see who offers you the best deal.

I do not have a DNI, or temporary one. Does anyone know how to get Health Insurance in Argentina without one? Recommendations? I am in Argentina for a couple of months per year. Thanks!

I do not have a DNI, or temporary one. Does anyone know how to get Health Insurance in Argentina without one? Recommendations? I am in Argentina for a couple of months per year. Thanks!
Unless things have changed you don't need a DNI for Swiss Medical.

Thank you to you both. Any idea if I can just buy them for a couple of months or do I need to get them for the entire year?

Back