Heeeeeeelllp !!!!!

Hi Doc.
Its not so simple. As I mentioned in the post , they would not guarantee the voltage output.
Its a battery charger / wall wart setup.The transformer melted.
Because its a specific type of charger , it compares the voltage on the battery to the output and then cuts off charging when the comparison is equal, the output is rather important.
The screwgun is rated @ 18volts operating. The CARGER is rates @ 19V , 400milliamps. You cannot as it was suggested to me , because they want to sell what they have , to buy a 12 volt 2 amp charger . Things just dont work that way .
To rewire it - CORRECTLY - Is the solution , one that the fella will not garantee me and will not return me my monies if it doesnt put out the specified voltage. SO its basically THAT attitude that bugs me , YES we know how , but we just cannot deliver.-oh and we will be offended if you question out ability

Another poster mentioned the competitiveness of techs her . I say they ARE brave in taking on a project , but for the most part , in my experience - they fall way short on knowhow.
One horror story i lived was once when far away from home , my girls car alarm decided to go the way of inoperability. This was compaunded that i was one of those that make it impossible to start the car. The alarm has to be reset , and it cannot be done simply by dsconeccting the battery.
The tow guy comes , and here is a prime example of a techie basing his knowledge on "folklore" sais with all the confidence of a hitler youth that he will et us on our way .
he proceeds to avail himself of a rather dense piece or iron rebar and starts bashing and stabbing the starter with it.
Needless to say , about 30 milliseconds later I asked him to step away from the vehicle , and just had it towed back to the house.
THAT is what I refer to when I cite the preveiling incompetence and mediocrity as it relates to repair here locally.
I DO thank you for your reply.
Best,
Fabe

This is completely off the subject, but thought I'd throw it out there anyhow. Why do they call all attorneys Doctors in Argentina when they don't have anything close to a PHD or medical degree? It's a complete distortion of the term and a misrepresentation of who they really are. Then again, I guess I wouldn't expect much more from an attorney :)

Glad to hear everything worked out with you getting your property back and that you have fellow expats willing to help you out in your time of need. G Luck!

Bajo_cero2 said:
Go to "la casa del transformador", it s at Parana at 300 more or less. They produce here all kind of replacements.
Regards
parana 222! they do rewire ! they are fab guys there! helped me ! good luck!

gsi16386 said:
This is completely off the subject, but thought I'd throw it out there anyhow. Why do they call all attorneys Doctors in Argentina when they don't have anything close to a PHD or medical degree? It's a complete distortion of the term and a misrepresentation of who they really are. Then again, I guess I wouldn't expect much more from an attorney :)

Glad to hear everything worked out with you getting your property back and that you have fellow expats willing to help you out in your time of need. G Luck!

En Venezuela, Colombia, Argentina y Uruguay particularmente se utiliza el término doctor también para referirse a los profesionales del derecho (abogados). Más precisamente el término es Doctor(a) en Leyes o Doctor en Derecho, ya que antiguamente en algunas universidades se otorgaba como título de pregrado Doctor o Doctora en "X" asignatura. Ej: Doctor en Medicina y Cirugia, Doctor en Odontologia, etc.

I agree the lawyers don't even seem to agree on what the law is. I think this is in part because they are always changing and then when the do change they forget to remove some contradictory law two pages down.

Congrats on getting your place back. Can't help with the charger thing. :)

Fabe said:
Hi Doc.
Its not so simple. As I mentioned in the post , they would not guarantee the voltage output.
THAT is what I refer to when I cite the preveiling incompetence and mediocrity as it relates to repair here locally.
I DO thank you for your reply.
Best,
Fabe

I called my uncle who do heavy repairs and he recommended me the place where he repairs the ligh ware like yours.
Remak
4454-9127

Call them and ask.

Regards

lela said:
parana 222! they do rewire ! they are fab guys there! helped me ! good luck!

We are talking about the same place "la casa del transformador".

Back