Hello And Good Bye Ba! Back To Ny

I can imagine once you have lived in a developed country moving back to Buenos Aires can take some adjusting too.

Well perhaps its like tasting the meat here and never being able to eat steak in another country again. (unless you pay high prices for it)

Maria, I guess chances are that being away from Argentina, you basically idealized the place, the customs, you know the typical melancholy that comes when being homesick, and now that you actually experienced the good and the bad you just didn´t like it. I guess it could happen, why not? Your friend´s parent being killed, etc certainly did not help. Also as a new mother, you tend to get over protective and threats might look bigger in your eyes. I am not saying things here are perfect at all. We all struggle. Not sure how long you have been here since your return, but chances are that you are gonna find yourself missing some things once back in NYC. Good luck! In the end, it is all about doing what feels best and those are personal decisions.

Well perhaps its like tasting the meat here and never being able to eat steak in another country again. (unless you pay high prices for it)
True story. I like eating jamon iberico and all that stuff, but at the same time I confess there is no steak but Argentinean steak.

besides that 7 years ago the situation was more complicated.
These robberies are police men or retirement police men. It has nothing to do with poverty or unemployment. Sadly, as institutions work in this country, theres not pretty much you can do.

Actually, the institutions do NOT work in this country.

Argentina was certainly less turbulent economically and politically seven years ago so I think Maria makes a very valid point.

Oh the bike path, what a terrible change it has brought to BA! Evil demons who built them... ;)

Maria, best of luck whatever you do. I just can´t help feeling though that you are a bit at a loss here. It is horrible when a crime happens close to you but as many have said it could have happened in any other place as well. I have no doubt Argentina has changed, but if you are from here maybe you should try to give the place a chance. You must have had a reason for returning. If it is still valid pause to think about your next step .

Back