Hello Recession, Goodbye Inflation

Most listings are junk, if you are local, you can find a better one, maybe outdated, but you can remodel it. There are many parts in Recoleta are not good and many so called Recoleta areas are not in actual Recoleta. As an outsider, I do not like the new buildings in Palermo/Puerto Madero, it's so boring, the high expense fees and thin walls, tiny shit*ole pool turn me off. At the same time, Recoleta area has a lot of problems too, the buildings are really old, even if you remodel yours, the building can still crappy, no 24 security. I still like the old neighborhood of Recoleta, you walk around those buildings in 40s/50s, you feel like you are in different time, you can live in the past. You get to enjoy the true Argentina. But the local young professionals prefer the new buildings in Palermo, the real estate value appreciates faster in the new buildings too. If you have an Argentine spouse, you probably like the new buildings that have more functions, and away from Recoleta. The longer the expats live in Argentina, the further they are from Recoleta.

Yes, there is no place like BsAs in the entire Latin America. If there is a crash in real estate, I think many will come to find a good deal. If not, that's good for the Argentinians. The world once again, is at a crossroads. It is going to be interesting to see how it is going to pan out. What happens in Argentina, largely affected by the world economy, by what happens in US, China, Europe and Trump.
Exactly, The Tariffs are bought in to stifle the economies .... this is why Argentinas importation tax is so high . Same effect . this place would boom if they dropped all the importation tariffs --- International retail companies would swarm here - If Apple opened a store in Alto Palermo tomorrow with the same prices as the US , there would be a line out the door with customers .... What recession ? with no mortgage or rent payment ....
Like i said .. Property Expenses is the Spanner in the Works here, they talk about Caping Rents .. What about Expenses ?

Forum participants: the original question to this topic was an invitation to share ideas on how to make money or take advantage of the huge recession about to begin, and the goodbye to inflation. Yet, the conversation has shifted to which is a nicer real estate area. Can we bring the conversation back? Any ideas on how to make money from the coming economic mess?

What do I think is a good way to profit from the current mess? I don't have any great ideas at this time, but the best one I have, buy Leliqs, is closed to me. That's investing at around 72% annual rate, with a holding period of one week, but I think it's only open to banks, so that leaves me out. Too bad because it's certainly an incredible opportunity. I am fishing out for other ideas. Organic food seems to be an interesting one, but I don't know that market or industry, so that leaves me out too. Anything to do with exports is a win, but I don't know anyone who has a great product that can be exported. Real estate? I don't like the new rental law that is going thru the Congress, so that option is not very appealing. Can you imagine being forced to give your property to a tenant for three years? Sounds horrible.
OK. Let's see if you folks have any good ideas.

Driving Lessons - Theres a lot of people that need them around here ,,,,, You would be a millionaire !!!

loans have only been here for a short while and car and travel loans are rather short (1 year to 3 or 4). the people with a mortgage aren't that many.

It is just not the Argentine way to maintain or lower prices. Businesses will continue to raise prices even if their customers dwindle away. Inflation has been a fact of life here. You are right about the recession, obviously, but forget about inflation stabalizing.
i believe that too. its a culture thing i guess. its like there are argentinian only rules for the economy that defy logic!.

Back