Hello!

DonPiter

Registered
Just thought i'd say hi, I've been living here for close to 3 years and i hadn't hear of this before.

After having to put up with my ranting about BsAs for a month, my friend Mary finally recommended I join and here I am.

Here's a pic of the "fast" check out line at Disco in Palermo. Rant away.

Attachments

• 4529628576_325820713a.jpg
    4529628576_325820713a.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 40
Gotta plan guys. I will only go into the Disco during rush hour if my fridge is truly empty. I'd rather eat a bowl of cereal than wait in that line.

I've got a few photos of queues here - my favourites are the block long ones outside banks five minutes before they open!

I've see a line like that a few days a week in the morning. Truly 2 blocks long. What is everyone doing, cashing welfare checks?

diplomacy said:
I've see a line like that a few days a week in the morning. Truly 2 blocks long. What is everyone doing, cashing welfare checks?

You've never had to make a transaction in a bank I take it?
It's not something you can do in your lunch break - the simplest thing can take 2 or 3 hours. And if you want to do something complex, like open an account or make an international transfer.....allow an entire morning.

It's always a good idea to take a book when going to the bank!

Al

Diplomacy, you mention planning : what are in your experience the best hours to go to Disco?

From my end of things it looks really busy at all times

Alzinho said:
I've got a few photos of queues here - my favourites are the block long ones outside banks five minutes before they open!

Mostly Bolivian, Peruvian, Chilean and other Mercosur migrants without any income or support waiting to get a family subside of $150-200 pesos, handout by the government welfare system.

Thanks for tip SaraSara, i will definitely try that out. I have been hesitant to do online groceries in general because I'm afraid they wouldn't pick very good quality vegetables and such so all this time the "Chinos" satisfy most of my shopping needs : I only go to Disco for certain hard to find items (like Nutella, Peanut Butter, Basmati Rice, Olive Bread, Barilla pasta and Italian Olive Oil) those CAN be scheduled, so good.
I can't bear any more of those long lines!

Back