Help a girl out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, Steve! :):)

I had no idea Prada or Louis Vuitton contact other vendors...I know LV only sells their stuff online to one single website (eluxury) but the website closed down a long time ago.

I wouldn't mind if they contact me. What I have is the real deal. I know what its like being cheated by buying something you think its real. It happened to me once through ebay. Can't do that to people - its mean.

steveinbsas said:
You are welcome.

You also have the best website for a "moving sale" I've ever seen.

It's so good I wouldn't be surprised if you are contacted by Prada and Luis Vuitton to insure the items you are selling are genuine.

(They use search engines to root out counterfeit sales.)

i checked your website. are they vintage or are they just used?
btw: there's nothing but a purse and a pair of shoes

can you tell me the difference between "vintage" and "used" i think is the same way to call an object but vintage sound nicer :)

Vintage clothing is a generic term for new or second hand garments originating from a previous era. The phrase is also used in connection with a retail outlet, e.g. "vintage clothing store." It can also be used as an adjective: "This dress is vintage."
Generally speaking, clothing which was produced before the 1920s is referred to as antique clothing and clothing from the 1920s to 1960s is considered vintage. Retro, short for retrospective, or "vintage style" usually refers to clothing that imitates the style of a previous era. Reproduction, or repro, clothing is a newly-made but faithful copy of an older garment. Clothing produced more recently is usually called modern or contemporary fashion.

hope this info helps :)

exactly what kevin said, clsm.

if I sell a pair of shoes that I bought and wore last i can't call them vintage!

Oh for god's sake. This is a simple site likely done with a template with two items on it. Why is everyone all up in arms? It's hardly a startup, at best a blog sale which is incredibly common among niche interest groups (everything from handbags to nailpolish to phone accessories). Give the girl a break. Why not earn some extra cash with items she owns... it's essentially a digital garage sale.

The shoes are fab but alas I brought more than enough impractical ones with me and already wonder where I'll get to wear them ;-)

whatever it takes :) i always have faith and hope that i will sell something. one item...thats good enough for me. at least i sold something and if i can't sell anything, hey, at least i tried, right? doesn't hurt to try.

thank you for your interest :)

lomo said:
I guess it's tough to make a living in BA. How far can these used clothes get you to
SF ? From centro to EZE, then to Lima ?

clsm said:
read again, and again, and again and maybe you will discover i said the same thing what "kevin k" said.

retro, vintage, used, antique...... ITS USED, but the important thing here its your criteria - as simple as that.

btw i dont understand the big deal about a thread selling used(vintage, retro, antique) clothes....... i see others selling services, items etc and its fine with everyone else including me. What's the big deal with a website and two items?

calm down. you asked, i told you. used and vintage is not the same. and i'm not making a big deal. i just asked because i wanna know. if she has more stuff i wanna see it because i'm interested.

bebero said:
calm down. you asked, i told you. used and vintage is not the same. and i'm not making a big deal. i just asked because i wanna know. if she has more stuff i wanna see it because i'm interested.

im not making a bid deal either, im only saying what i think, thats all, and you know what?, im not interested in women's clothing cause im a guy, i dont know about you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back