Help! Fecha VCTO

Alex1

Registered
Hello people;

I entered Ar January 2011 with a Motorcyle. Following a recent conversation with another motorcyclist I checked the Aduana document issued to me and there is a date VCTO for July 2011. During this year the bike has remained in the country even though I have gone abroad a few times.

What are the consequences of this and any constructive advice would be most apprecited.

When I arrived the controls at the frontier were not perfect and wonder if it would be possible to exit without publicising the issue, is that likely to create more problems than to solve them?:(

cheers

Yop, you're in trouble. Your bike could get seized.
Not even sure your insurance could work now in case you have an accident (hoping not).

I guess you had an initial three months then exited/reentered the country or you got a "proroga" at Afip/Aduanas at Plaza de Mayo?

There's not much big deal with the police + gendarmeria (especially if you are in the province) since they usually don't check the Customs paper (I asked directly the gendarmeria for a case similar to yours).

Contact me via PM for more info but your situation is quite doomed indeed (sorry for the bad news)

I went on a road trip last year with a friend in his car he had shipped over from US. The visa for the car (like the one your referring to for your bike) had expired two years previous to the trip we were on, but he was assuming we could drive to the border of Argentina/ Chile, pay a fine and be on our way.
Turned out to be very different - got to the border of Argentina/ Chile (the one near Mendoza), customs seized the car and left us with all of our stuff at the border (a load of bags, surfboards and all!). We were told in order to pay the fine we'd need to go back to Mendoza and go through various processes at different offices.
After two weeks of waiting my friend finally got the fine amount (this was after meeting the director of the office a few times who was in charge of processing it).
The fine amount was basically the same as what the car was worth in the States - US$4,000 is what they asked. Makes me very bitter just thinking about it - how they could pull an extortionate figure out of the air like that. Anyway he decided it wasn't worth paying it, so the car is probably still sitting there in the military compound up near the border point.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
steveinbsas Expat Life 6
Back