Help - Paying a ticket without the ticket

citygirl

Registered
While driving through Cordoba this weekend, I got a ticket for not having my seatbelt on while going through a police checkpoint (stupid me had just taken it off to get something out of my bag while we were waiting). Sigh..

Anyway, I have to pay it but now I can't find the piece of paper that they gave me. Anyone have any idea how I go about paying it or getting a copy of the ticket?

Glad to see thay are writing tickets for belts. Maybe soon they'll ticket people with no headlights, running stop signs with 3 riders on a 100 cc moto.
Sorry can't help you with finding a ticket that's lost. Quite likely that they won't find it either.

I did find it a bit amusing that they gave me a ticket for not having a belt on when we were at a complete stop (and I was a passenger, not driving) while at the same time a motobike went whizzing by the checkpoint with 2 adults and a small child, none of whom had helmets, etc. And at 250 pesos, it wasn't a cheap ticket. But whatever, my fault.

Anyway, if anyone has any ideas, I would appreciate it. The driver didn't seem to worried but I would rather just pay the damn thing.

citygirl said:
While driving through Cordoba this weekend, I got a ticket for not having my seatbelt on while going through a police checkpoint (stupid me had just taken it off to get something out of my bag while we were waiting). Sigh..

Anyway, I have to pay it but now I can't find the piece of paper that they gave me. Anyone have any idea how I go about paying it or getting a copy of the ticket?

I've never had to pay a ticket in Argentina so this is not from experience but:

Was the driver ticketed from the same pad?
Were they ticketed before or after you?
Could you get your ticket number and phone Cordoba and ask?

Sorry if that was unclear, the driver got the ticket, not me but obviously it was my fault. So I grabbed the tix to take to the bank & pay but somehow managed to lose it.

Anyway, I did find a website for Cordoba gov't but the tix isn't coming up in their system yet. So the idea seems to be to wait until if/when they mail us another copy (apparently a huge amount of tickets get entered incorrectly and invalidated so no one pays them on the first go around).

Your driver will have to pay the ticket before he sells of his car (I am told). Had the same thing : driving/on the phone, and I lost it. Haven't sold my car since then, so i don't know if it's true. :confused:

Yes they give tickets when you don't have your seatbelts, when you don't have your lights on (even during day), when you are calling when driving.... Mostly you must pay imediately.

You do have to pay all tix before selling your car - that is true.

As to having to pay immediately, well, that's because most of those tickets don't get entered into the system;) Those payments wind up in the pockets of the policia...

I get unpaid tickets from the previous owner sent to my house all the time. Maybe they will likewise send the overdue ticket to the address of the person the number plate is registered to? Just a guess....

Back