Help with medication

Misiones

Registered
Hello!
I’ve been living in Buenos Aires since April, and I’m currently on medication (Fluoxetine, or Fluoxetina here in Argentina) that will last me until October. I have a prescription, but it’s from Canada. Since I know this medication requires a prescription in Argentina as well, I’m wondering how to extend my supply as I plan on staying longer. Can anyone offer advice on how to go about this? I also don't know much spanish but my girlfriend does if that info matters, Thank you

go to a doctor and explain why your using it and show him your perscription. doesn’t have to be complicated. is that an inhaler?

go to a doctor and explain why your using it and show him your perscription. doesn’t have to be complicated. is that an inhaler?
No it's an SSRI for depression/anxiety, Really they would let a foreigner see a doc for this?

thats not to suggest you should go to a psychiatrist. general practice doc would understand

No it's an SSRI for depression/anxiety, Really they would let a foreigner see a doc for this?
I have lived in Argentina for 18 years and I am still a foreigner. Like me, regardless of nationality or your status with migraciones, you can walk into any public clinic or hospital and ask to consult a doctor. You would then have to make an appointment to see a physician who is authorized to prescribe the medication you need, but with your Canadian prescription and your girlfriend's help with the language, you should be able to get the desired medication.

Last edited:
Hello!
I’ve been living in Buenos Aires since April, and I’m currently on medication (Fluoxetine, or Fluoxetina here in Argentina) that will last me until October. I have a prescription, but it’s from Canada. Since I know this medication requires a prescription in Argentina as well, I’m wondering how to extend my supply as I plan on staying longer. Can anyone offer advice on how to go about this? I also don't know much spanish but my girlfriend does if that info matters, Thank you
Fluoxetine,…brand name is Prozac. You shouldn’t have any problems getting it.

Go to a clinic or hospital and ask for the guardia. Use the Google translate app if needed. Nobody will care. Tell her / him that you need to refill a critical prescription for chronic pain, depression.... whatever.

It will be helpful to bring the previous container or packaging with you to prove to the guardia and to the doctor that you have a history with the medication. It should be easy to get a new script. The doctors here are generally good folks. And you will likely be put into contact with someone in the facility who speaks English. Good luck.

Back