Helppp@!!!!!

nicopr

Registered
Hi, I am in quite a bit of an ordeal :S I overstayed my 90 day permit to be here and now I need to have my passport up to date. I was thinking I would just resolve it by paying the penalty fee when I left the country, but now I need to be legal here again...and I need it ASAP. Question is, if I go to immigrations and I pay the penalty fee, will I be able to ask for 90 more days or would they make me leave without a chance of staying longer? The other question is, could I just go to Uruguay with an overstayed visa and return? Thanks for ur answers in advance!

Just go to Uruguay on the buquebus for a day. You'll have to pay the $300 penalty but when you re-enter they will give you another 90 days.

The system was (unless it has changed - it changes all the time, and we all have different experiences) but if you've overstayed - migraciones in BA won't give you the 90 day extension here.

So go to Uruguay (and hopefully) you just enter again with a new 90 day visa no problem. (unless you have a long history of overstaying etc) if not, should be ok. Good Luck!

Thanks everyone...by passport up to date I meant being legal here, but my passport in not expired. Dolly thanks for the advice,now I just really need to know if they are still doing that when going to Uruguay, as I cannot run any chances now. The penalty fee for overstaying when going in the buquebus is payed when leaving or reentering?

The penalty fee is paid when leaving - there's a booth in the Immigration area, after check in.

The only way for you to get "legal" again is to leave the country. If you go to immigrations to pay the fine after your visa has already expired, they can't give you a 90-day extension - they'll just let you pay the fine there, instead of at the airport and give you 3 (or is it five) days to leave the country. People only do it to avoid the queues at immigrations in Ezeiza/Buquebus. I've heard of people getting hassled at immigrations coming back in but not refused so I doubt you'll have any problems.

I'm getting married next month, so I need this to be cleared up ASAP! ;-)

Oops another q! I was told by a buddy of mine that it would be better to go to Uruguay leaving from Tigre, as officials are getting kinda 'difficult' with people leaving and reientering at the Buquebus station...Does anybody know about this or have had any trouble with doing this a couple of times?

Back