Helppppppppppppppp!

Thomas.dwight said:
Hola!

My names Thomas and im moving from rainy old England in Feb 2010 to start my new life adventure in Buenos Aires.

So i hold my hands up and get down on my knees and ask for help! Help to find some new friends! I am a inner city London inhabitant by heart, that means i work hard, play hard and live life to fullest. I hear that BA is the city to beat all cities when it comes to culture, lifestyle and partying.

So if there is anyone out there who could become my new found friend (s)and show me the ways of Buenos Aires! Whether it be dancing til the sun rises to electronica, dining out, searching for new experiences please get in touch!

Drinks are on me!

Hi Thomas,

Ignore all the naysayers on this site that tell you how hard it is here. Your impression of BA is spot on. As it appears you are coming with job, apartment etc set up and thus presumably a decent salary, you are going to have a ball! I have been here for a year now and love it. Most important thing is to get the Spanish up to scratch and get involved in some kind of activity where you mix with Argies not just expats. The truth is for us brits it is still cheap and things work just as well as they do in the UK if not better. The thing that works best is the ministry of culture. If you go to the site www.buenosaires.gob.ar you can sign up to a number of different things which will send you weekly emails about nearly everything going on in the city. Another good site for your agenda is www.batravelguide.com . The Guia Olea will give you good restaurant reviews and there is a guy whose website Saltshaker, gives a more personal eating perspective. Can't help you much with clubbing, never liked anywhere where I couldn't actually talk to people, but there are some great live music haunts, La Trastienda being a favourite and perfectly sized venue.

Also, other than electronics, there is very little other stuff you need to bring with you that you can't find here. There is a baexpat obsession with peanut butter but as a Londoner that shouldn't worry you.

Suerte

Miles

Back