Hey, I am arriving in January....

saralouise

Registered
Hi there,
I am totally new to this, it seems a good way to know more and meet people.I am coming to BA in Jan(16th) and very nervous!! I am from Oxford and I am coming over as taking a sabbitical from teaching to do some volunteering work in BA for 5-8 weeks.

I don't speak much Spainish but am doing lessons here at the moment. Will this be a problem over there?

Would love to here from anyone with advice. Would also be grateful of friendship as will be on my own and keen to make new friends when I am over there!!

Big smiles,

Sara

Hi Sara,

First of all, welcome to BsAs! You will have no problem getting along here with just a little Spanish. Most of the people in the touristy part of the city speak or understand English (of course a different levels of understanding).

I have lived here on and off over the past 4 years and find the people here very warm and welcoming.

There is a huge Expat community as well, so you will hear English spoken all over the city.

Let me know if you need any help or additional advise. I have many friends here, but expats and Argentines. I sure you will feel at home quickly!

Saludos,
Bill

www.MidlifeHappiness.com

Back