hey.. im new to this website

i was told to introduce myself. so thats what i'm doing. my name is ali, im 22 years old, i just graduated college and I'm moving to BA nov 3 to teach english. i'm getting a little nervous about making the move on my own, so if anyone wants to write back and calm my nerves, feel free.

"Told to introduce yourself?" By whom? Why'd you choose BA if you're already so nervous about the move? It isn't exactly for the faint of heart.

B

bjrutledge

Yes, BigBadWolf. "I was told to introduce myself" --- You picked up on that too, huh? The passive tone (they told me to write: if you feel like reassuring me, that's okay: I won't actually *ask* for help) is somewhat reminiscent of the earlier post from Jessica. Perhaps they are one and the same?

:)

"bigbadwolf" said:
"Told to introduce yourself?" By whom?
Actually there is an email message that is sent out automatically when user signs up. And every user is asked to introduce himself. I guess you just have been for so long around that don't remember it.

thanks to those who gave me helpful info.. i chose BA cause its a city ive always wanted to visit, and i just figured why not. and im just nervous about the move cause im going on my own.
and yes, i was told to introduce myself by the site, because im a new member

thanks for the apology... so my plan is to take a 4 week certification course (ive heard mixed things about these courses, but i can honestly say i think i found a good one). hopefully after that ill find a decent teaching job.. but i have to say, you made me somewhat nervous by saying that its almost impossible to live on one of these jobs. i dont plan to live a fancy lifestyle, so hopefully i will find something affordable yet liveable. and about the spanish.. ive been taking spanish my whole life but im still far from fluent. its something i just always have to work at.

B

bjrutledge

You might want to check out what Matt wrote about teaching English. His blog is http://suitcaseonwheels.blogspot.com Look at the posts from January of this year.

I don't want to discourage you from coming down here --- Buenos Aires is a wonderful city. But I think a much better plan might be to just work hard in the US, scrimp and save for a few months, and then live on those savings while you are here. Maybe you can find a teaching job that will give you a little extra spending money, but you will feel much better if you have the safety net of some savings.

Good luck.

"bjrutledge" said:
Yes, BigBadWolf. "I was told to introduce myself" --- You picked up on that too, huh? The passive tone (they told me to write: if you feel like reassuring me, that's okay: I won't actually *ask* for help) is somewhat reminiscent of the earlier post from Jessica. Perhaps they are one and the same?

No, we're not one in the same. Why would I post the same type of message only to get horribly unsupportive comments?
:)