hey.. im new to this website

"Jessica" said:
No, we're not one in the same. Why would I post the same type of message only to get horribly unsupportive comments?
:)
Anyone from the USA or Western Europe thinking of moving to Argentina should think twice, scout out the place carefully, have something in the bank, and have contingency plans if things don't pan out. Because Argentina isn't a terribly supportive place. Argentinians have been moving out in droves to Italy and Spain (where they've been eligible for residence or citizenship of these countries) or slipping into the US: what does that tell you about the desirability of Argentina as a place to live and work?
Argentina can work as a place to live for someone (relatively) well-heeled like Nashorama, who can afford some of the better things Argentina has to offer, and doesn't need a job to keep body and soul together. Everyone else should be wary.
The problem isn't bjrutledge or myself (BBW), but the ignorant and effusive posters (aka "expats") who lead newbies astray. We but provide the antidote.

"bigbadwolf" said:
The problem isn't bjrutledge or myself (BBW), but the ignorant and effusive posters (aka "expats") who lead newbies astray. We but provide the antidote.
I am glad you have found your destiny in life. My guess is that you give preventively like a barrel of antidote for every drop of what you consider to be poison. I am not saying it is exactly bad, since grown up people are supposed to make their own decisions anyway without any consideration of what others tell them. Just somewhat disproportional.

No, it is not easy. Yes, it would help if you speak the language. No, it won't be easy to find a teaching job. But yes, YES! It will be an incredible experience, one most people will only dream about. You take the good, you take the bad...if you decide to come down here, make an effort to really open your mind to the experience and get to meet the locals. Live here. Don't behave as a glorified tourist. Best of luck to you! ¡Bienvenida!

In Argentina we have a saying, "cuando la lismosna es grande, hasta el santo desconfía", which can be read as "behind a extremely positive or negative comment there is a hidden purpose".
Are the negative thinkers trying to keep Argentinas beauty for themselves? :)
Here you will find the bad and the good as in every corner of this wide world. Just try to get the more info you can, analized it and make you own decision. You will be responsible for it. But aknowledge that you can always ask for help. :) Every experience worth the try, as long as you enjoy it. :)

Back