Hey what about the water...

jinkster

Registered
Happy Sunday to all (especially all you old Oiler fans-nice day yesterday times 2)

Not to be a hysterist, but a bit concerned about the copious amounts of tap water I have been drinking and bathing in here
Staying in a fantastic location here, Recoleta and Congreso and just last night looked at the water coming into the tub and it seemed a bit "Quito-ish"
Same thing this afternoon, bit ghastly...

So, do I start lugging plastic and showering at the YMCA or should I just push through it.... as a reference, when I got to Cuenca after my Quito stay...that water is like the milk here...DELICIOSO

its fine! I got a mild stomach bug for a bit the first couple weeks I was in BA but it passed and I can’t really be sure if that was the water. Doctor told me to stick with bottled water when I can, but I’ve had tap water all over Argentina and I’ve been fine.

Happy Sunday to all (especially all you old Oiler fans-nice day yesterday times 2)

Not to be a hysterist, but a bit concerned about the copious amounts of tap water I have been drinking and bathing in here
Staying in a fantastic location here, Recoleta and Congreso and just last night looked at the water coming into the tub and it seemed a bit "Quito-ish"
Same thing this afternoon, bit ghastly...

So, do I start lugging plastic and showering at the YMCA or should I just push through it.... as a reference, when I got to Cuenca after my Quito stay...that water is like the milk here...DELICIOSO
go Oilers go. you are missing the partying up there eh:)

Any time I drank tap water in BA, I was on the toilet for the next day or two... but apparently it does largely depend on the building you are in, some are fine, some aren’t. However, i’ve heard that it’s advised that elderly and pregnant people don’t drink it, so make of that what you will

Argentina has some of the most toxic water in the world with very high contamination of arsenic . I try to avoid it as much as possible as well as being very careful when outside as it is made into coffee and tea in most coffee shops . Very few use filtered water to my surprise .

Arsenic in water don't be fooled by the PSA folks, the only way to remove it is through reverse osmosis (R.o) ....costly but does the job down to 99.something %

Argentina has some of the most toxic water in the world with very high contamination of arsenic . I try to avoid ...

While you personally can avoid whatever you want, water at least in the CABA is OK according to the USA standards.

EPA's interim maximum contaminant level (MCL) for arsenic in drinking water is 50 micrograms per liter (µg/L).

In this report on page 22 there is a map of CABA. Yellow dots are for level R-2 (10-50 μg/L).

Back