Hi Everyone!! New American to BAires!

You seem to be a very nice, curious and cheerful person. Don't let the cynics in this forum spoil your time in BA. Welcome and have fun.

nicoenarg said:
Yup, and you will figure them it out and more pretty quickly! :D

while I'm busy doing things here like making change for that 3 peso bill and calling everyone American I also make videos-

so:
If you can handle your laughter at my fumbling on Florida street as I cry from getting yelled at after being robbed because I wore my bling, with my camera,: we should hang out! :D

expatinowncountry said:
You seem to be a very nice, curious and cheerful person. Don't let the cynics in this forum spoil your time in BA. Welcome and have fun.

Hi! ya, I've been getting a lot of greif here! ahahah Oh well, It's all fun! I'm always on the go trying to find places- maybe you've seen me - I'm the tall girl with the GIANT map spinning in circles asking all that walk by for help- keeps things interesting for me to say the least-

Thanks for the welcome!:)

HerQuirkyness said:
Hi! ya, I've been getting a lot of greif here! ahahah Oh well, It's all fun! I'm always on the go trying to find places- maybe you've seen me - I'm the tall girl with the GIANT map spinning in circles asking all that walk by for help- keeps things interesting for me to say the least-

Thanks for the welcome!:)

You need to buy yourself one of those GUIA-Ts. And then write on here about how confused you are about how to use the damn GUIA! :p

HerQuirkyness said:
while I'm busy doing things here like making change for that 3 peso bill and calling everyone American I also make videos-

so:
If you can handle your laughter at my fumbling on Florida street as I cry from getting yelled at after being robbed because I wore my bling, with my camera,: we should hang out! :D

We should. I am in the middle of preparing for my exams and my wife's in the middle of settling down at her new job but maybe after all of the mess settles down for us, we can all hang out and come up with a new to-do list! :)

nicoenarg said:
You need to buy yourself one of those GUIA-Ts. And then write on here about how confused you are about how to use the damn GUIA! :p

I've been asking all new Argentines I'v met to help me understand it- its a painfully slow process but with time.... right?

We should. I am in the middle of preparing for my exams and my wife's in the middle of settling down at her new job but maybe after all of the mess settles down for us, we can all hang out and come up with a new to-do list! :)

Whatever you are studying for Good Luck!!! Sure, I'll be here for a while, keep me posted!!

nicoenarg said:
a guia t is really easy to use. just find the streets you look for, point in the map with a pen, take out your phone, call someone available and with access to internet, make him use google earth to find that place you want to go to and have him figure out how to get there. that`s it

nicoenarg said:
]When you're walking down a busy street like Florida, you MUST remember to stop abruptly making everyone behind you run into you. You MUST do it in the middle of the street to be an inconvenience to others. If you step aside to let people pass you WILL be deported.

I love it when a Porteno dumps into you on the street because they are not looking where they are going and act like you dared to touch royalty. There is no "excuse me" or "sorry". Just this look like you know you are supposed to look where I am going. It happens to me at least once a week. :)

It is pretty easy to find things not to like about this country and this culture. It is very difficult to find the things that I like.

mulderfox said:
a guia t is really easy to use. just find the streets you look for, point in the map with a pen, take out your phone, call someone available and with access to internet, make him use google earth to find that place you want to go to and have him figure out how to get there. that`s it

Perfecto!! jajajajaja!!!!

Although.... with WiFi everywhere I should just be doing that myself.....:)

Back