Hi Guys

Ok where would you rather live. Palermo Hollywood near Dorrego and Cordoba or Belgrano near Cabildo. Someone give me a clue! :)

Now that's an opinion! I love it! If someone wants to second that motion then it's Belgrano all the way baby.

Killarney said:
Ok where would you rather live. Palermo Hollywood near Dorrego and Cordoba or Belgrano near Cabildo. Someone give me a clue! :)

I have friends who live one block past Dorrego on Cordoba in a converted warehouse the first block into Colegiales. I like their building and the huge grassy area on the roof near the swimming pool. It's also just a short bike ride from everything in Palermo Hollywood & Soho.

Belgrano is much less touristy, a slight bit nicer, a better place to practice your Spanish, and more family oriented than 20-something to 30-something-ish. It is right on a bunch of bus lines and the Subte D line. (The other option is on fewer bus lines and is about 10-12 blocks from a Subte line (B or D).

It depends on what you're looking for.

Well if it's a bit quieter and a bit safer then I think that's the one. I can take a subway to the craziness and then come home after. Thanks guys. What did people do before forums like this? Belgrano it is.

Hey Killarney,

I'd have to disagree with Belgrano as a neighborhood choice if you're just here for three months, maybe longer.

I lived in Belgrano when I arrived a year ago, then microcentro, then Recoleta/Barrio Norte close enough to walk to Palermo Soho.

Barrio Norte/Palermo Soho wins hands down.

Here's the thing, as a newcomer with limited Spanish here on a possibly limited trip, you'll be enjoying the access to foreigners and locals that neighborhoods like Soho can give. There's not very many places to hang out in Belgrano. The taxi is expensive, maybe 25 to 30 pesos to Soho or Recoleta, the subway closes at 10-11 and when you are drunk and hot this summer, waiting for that bus will not sound fun at four in the morning.

People get tired of Recoleta and Palermo when they've been here awhile, but it's nice when you first arrive.

Just when I thought I was decided. The subway closes at 10 or 11? So you can take the subway out and then taxi home? 25-30 pesos does not seem that bad. 6-7 dollars? Are taxis plentiful at 4am?
Hmmmmmmmm.......
I like the idea of walking home though! Just trying to decide how often I will be out on the lash!
Damn!

Well I am trying to book an apartment online....so that's why I need the opinions.

Back