Hi Guys

Wow and I was going to book something for like 3 months in advance! The photos I see do not look doctored.

I was just more worried about the neighborhood etc.

But will there be apartments available for a 3 month period just sitting there waiting
for me to inspect and then take? I feel like booking in advance will get me a better deal but yes it's a huge risk I guess. I also don't love the idea of sending a deposit in advance of my arrival but I just assumed that's the way it's done.

Now I am paranoid....:)

Keep in mind that walking home at 3 or 4 am is like a roll of loaded dice, you are going to come up on the loosing end, quickly.. I agree that Palermo or Recoleta will probably be more up your alley to start but as someone said earlier, probably not for the long haul.

Ok going to wait until I get down there to find an apt. Lee has succeeded in terrifying me....which is likely a good thing. I probably won't get as cool an apartment but I won't get ripped off either and I will actually see first hand what I am paying for which is safer.

So it will be hotel, cell phone and off we go.....

Don't forget the Guinness!!! (Bought and Brought from Ireland)

I'll give you TWICE as much local beer (by volume) as you bring of Guinness.

What a great way to get acquainted with the local suds!

Killarney said:
Ok going to wait until I get down there to find an apt. Lee has succeeded in terrifying me....which is likely a good thing. I probably won't get as cool an apartment but I won't get ripped off either and I will actually see first hand what I am paying for which is safer.

So it will be hotel, cell phone and off we go.....

If you are going to be influenced so easily for what Mr. Lee is telling you then it will be better to cancel your trip down here all together and look somewhere else, maybe Colombia will be a good start. I'm pretty sure Mr. Lee will agree with this, also you will not have any problems in renting a flat through Internet, colombians are not so inclined to this type of 'creative photography' as the locals are. :rolleyes:

Back