High numbers of card withdrawl frauds in BA at the moment.

citygirl said:
Well me personally, my bank has known for several years that I live abroad (although every now and again they call me and ask me to confirm why I have transactions in Argentina and is it fraud:rolleyes:)

But direct from the woman at Citi, there is a apparently a problem with ATM skimming here in Argentina at the moment.
I tried again at a Citi branch yesterday without success. I called over a rep to show him the problem and low and behold I was able to pull my usual amount without a problem. So, I'm not sure what is happening. Maybe my card is getting old, seeing as how it is due to be replaced in a few months. Vamos a ver.

HowardinBA said:
did you guys inform your bank that you were moving abroad.I had this problem,they thought someone in Argentina was using my card,as my details are based in the UK.After speaking with the fraud squad and answering a few personal questions,the action was lifted 10 mins after our conversation..

ps Swanny what is a "clydesdale bank" car?new one on me that is......

Yeah i had been using it for coming up to 3 years with no problems (had to tell them multiple times i am in Argentina though)

Clydesdale Bank is a Scottish bank. Linked with the Australian banking group or something. I think Yorkshire is the same one in England.

scotttswan said:
Yeah i had been using it for coming up to 3 years with no problems (had to tell them multiple times i am in Argentina though)

Clydesdale Bank is a Scottish bank. Linked with the Australian banking group or something. I think Yorkshire is the same one in England.
nooo,read my question again.....:rolleyes:

Back