Highest salaries in Argentina?

Thanks for the information. But Matricula only covers the cost of saving a space in a given class - on top of that they are monthly tuition charges. Which friends told me were astronomical - at the time, almost equal to what we paid for Brown University in Rhode Island. Could they have been bragging? I don't know.

Argentine parents beggar themselves to send their children to the "right" school. They know that the friendships formed in school will largely determine a child's future social and economic standing. Good jobs, and good marriages, are for those who were able to make the right friends in school.

Thanks for the information. But Matricula only covers the cost of saving a space in a given class - on top of that they are monthly tuition charges. Which friends told me were astronomical - at the time, almost equal to what we paid for Brown University in Rhode Island. Could they have been bragging? I don't know.

Argentine parents beggar themselves to send their children to the "right" school. They know that the friendships formed in school will largely determine a child's future social and economic standing. Good jobs, and good marriages, are for those who were able to make the right friends in school.

The matrícula is generally equivalent to one monthly tuition charge. Most schools like San Andrés should be around $700-$800 USD per month, which is exactly what they cost in the 90s, so no change in USD since then. That said, during the Macri era with the peso at such an artificially inflated value, they may have been twice as much in USD. In my humble opinion, from an international perspective these schools are bad on average and not worth that kind of money, especially considering that you can get an equally good (or better) education in most of Europe for free (or almost for free).

The fifth column, "Arancel", is the monthly tuition.

Years ago I consulted for Citibanks Overseas Compensation program. The spoken of salary was not the real compensation. The 'spoken of salary' ie the $210k was designed to give the overseas executive local respect without creating jealousy from his coworkers. The $210k number was used in all local correspondence. But in reality, Citibank might have to pay him (or her) much more in order to recruit and retain him.
His higher salary plus bonuses plus reimbursement for expenses and taxes was deposited into his secret account at HQ.

Not
Could someone tell me what the purpose of this discussion is?

4 pages of bantering and then someone beat me to this question. LOL. Very entertaining read.

I'm just pleasantly happy that it's a hell of a lot cheaper than my last few places.

Back