Hiking boots needed

nataliewardo

Registered
Hi all,

I need some hiking shoes for next year, just wondered if anyone has found anywhere to pick up some for less than the price of some limbs? Or maybe someone has some to sell? I am about a size 39/40 US 7/8 UK

Thanks!

I use a pair of military boots which I bought in the market underneath the obelisco. (In case you haven't been there before the long passages under 9 de Julio that lead to the subte are lined with little shops) If you want modern design and ready-to-wear, forget it. But if you are willing to look after them, wear them with good hiking socks and spend a week or so breaking them in, then they are strong, waterproof and good for your feet. What's more, being traditional leather construction, if you ever manage to wear down the soles, one of Argentina's many traditional cobblers will be able to fit new ones for you. Best pair of walking boots I ever bought.

Have you tried the series of hiking outlet stores on around the Cordoba intersection on Paraná? I shopped for shoes there and found some good ones for about 300-400 pesos from brands I had heard of (Timberland, Merrell). Which is actually not that much more than the cost in the US..

Back