Hiring a cleaning person, suggestions.

rob0001

Registered
Hi, I'm preparing to move to BA in Palermo and I know I will need a cleaning person weekly or bi-monthly maybe.
Do you folks have any suggestions on where to look for someone? What is the normal pay for light cleaning of a two-bedroom apartment?
Thanks for all your help!

Note: yes, I could do it myself...but I loathe it and dishes the most, although I will be forced to do dishes, lol...I like laundry, however!

Last edited:
$500 pesos per hour is on the high side of local standards.

A two bedroom apartment isn't large. Your best bet may be to ask the encargado in the building for a recommendation - a mucama that is already working for one of your neighbors. It will be harder to attract a mucama who will make a special trip to your place for 2-3 hours of work.

$500 pesos per hour is on the high side of local standards.

A two bedroom apartment isn't large. Your best bet may be to ask the encargado in the building for a recommendation - a mucama that is already working for one of your neighbors. It will be harder to attract a mucama who will make a special trip to your place for 2-3 hours of work.
good ideas, thanks!

Hi, I'm preparing to move to BA in Palermo and I know I will need a cleaning person weekly or bi-monthly maybe.
Do you folks have any suggestions on where to look for someone? What is the normal pay for light cleaning of a two-bedroom apartment?
Thanks for all your help!

Note: yes, I could do it myself...but I loathe it and dishes the most, although I will be forced to do dishes, lol...I like laundry, however!
And I am coming back to live in Recoleta in July and am rehiring the best, most wonderful housekeeper in the world. She is extremly honest...cleans things that I did not know needed cleaning.....is prompt....quiet.....and I consider her an important person in my life. She is in her twenties....and you can leave her alone in the house. Please use my email or my Mexicon Whatsapp until I get there....Jim Filerman [email protected] +52 33 1775 8540

And I am coming back to live in Recoleta in July and am rehiring the best, most wonderful housekeeper in the world. She is extremly honest...cleans things that I did not know needed cleaning.....is prompt....quiet.....and I consider her an important person in my life. She is in her twenties....and you can leave her alone in the house. Please use my email or my Mexicon Whatsapp until I get there....Jim Filerman [email protected] +52 33 1775 8540
Hi Jim, do you think she might be available still? I see your post was ages ago.

Hello Guys,

Former BsAs expat here:

I'm planning on coming back to Buenos Aires for several months for a business project. I need to find a dependable housekeeper who will come to my residence at least once a week. In addition to keeping the place tidy, I will need someone who can always cook a week's worth of dinners and lunchesupon her visit (of course, I'll provide all the ingredients)

If anybody here has some leads, I will be grateful!

Back