Hiring a Foreigner


Jun 6, 2006
Does anyone know what an Argentine employer needs to do to hire a foreigner? Is it the same as hiring an Argentine or do they need to go to immigrations and register or something?
In order to work legally in Argentina you will need a work visa from migraciones and there is a lot of paperwork involved. Enter "work visas" in the search box and start reading.
For any type of visa you'll need:

  • Passport.
  • Last entry to the country (the seal stamped on the passport or entry card).
  • Certificate of criminal records issued by the country of origin or the place where the person has lived for the last 5 years prior to his/her entry to the country
  • Police Criminal Record Certificate issued by the National Registry of Recurrence (Registro Nacional de Reincidencia). This may be obtained at Building No. 4 Dirección Nacional de Migraciones, from 9 AM to 12 AM, or Tucumán 1353 (National Registry of Recurrence). This last document is only required when residence is applied for directly at Immigrations once the applicant is already in Argentina.
To apply for the work visa, you will also need:

  • 1. Employment contract
  • 2. Legal existence of the company (by-laws, last Minutes of the Board of Directors, and the registration number of the company, which must be previously obtained at the Immigration Department)
  • [FONT=&quot]3. Tax good-standing of the company (last VAT paid, and last payments of the Income and Gross Income Taxes, as well as other contributions and taxes).[/FONT]
You may see a detail of all requirements at http://www.fandinoabogados.com/english/migraciones.html.