Hola Y'all

BobbyHank

Registered
Hola Y'all!
BobbyHank here, we moved to Villa General Belgrano, from Dallas, Tx. awhile ago. Love the people (mostly), the food, wine and exchange rate! Wow, learned so many lessons the hard way since moving here! Thought it time to check out this forum to see if I can learn from others for a change.

You chose a beautiful place to live! I like going to Cordoba for vacation, last time I stayed at Villa Berna which is close by.

You chose a beautiful place to live! I like going to Cordoba for vacation, last time I stayed at Villa Berna which is close by.
Yes, I know Villa Berna! Beautiful! There was a great little restaurant on the way there from VGB, that I was looking forward to making my "Cheers" spot. Alas, they closed shortly after we found it! However the search for it's replacement is becoming an entertaining and delicious challenge!

Hola Y'all!
BobbyHank here, we moved to Villa General Belgrano, from Dallas, Tx. awhile ago. Love the people (mostly), the food, wine and exchange rate! Wow, learned so many lessons the hard way since moving here! Thought it time to check out this forum to see if I can learn from others for a change.
Hey BobbyHank: HolaY’all back atcha! I was born in San Antonio, raised in Austin, but now live in New Jersey. (There’s a story there - but with Texans there’s always a story, isn’t there?)

Went to UT, met and fell in love with John, who would become the love of my life. He went into the Army, moved to San Francisco, I moved to State College, PA, for a faculty position, then to NYC… and John and I lost touch. But I found him this past September, the spark is still there, neither of us is involved with anyone else, and we’re going to see the world together until we can’t travel any more then figure out what to do next. Life is just too short - and all that.

John is already in BA and I get there before the end of December. Gotta watch the CFP with him (we went to the Cotton Bowl game in 1970 - the first time that Notre Dame ever played in a post-season game - and yelled ‘till we were hoarse to see our boys whup those Yankees) and hopefully the National Championship this year as well. We thought we’d go to the Alamo sports bar - not only to watch the game but maybe meet some like-minded folks we could socialize with while we’re there.

Is this a good idea or not? Any suggestions? I assume you’re a football fan - what are you and your partner doing about watching the Bowl games on New Year’s Day? (Not trying to horn in on your plans but looking for information.)

Maybe we can meet up with y’all at some point over the next 2+ months. We’re taking a cruise, starting, in March, across the Atlantic - but if BA is as great as everyone says, we might be back!

Becky

Hey BobbyHank: HolaY’all back atcha! I was born in San Antonio, raised in Austin, but now live in New Jersey. (There’s a story there - but with Texans there’s always a story, isn’t there?)

Went to UT, met and fell in love with John, who would become the love of my life. He went into the Army, moved to San Francisco, I moved to State College, PA, for a faculty position, then to NYC… and John and I lost touch. But I found him this past September, the spark is still there, neither of us is involved with anyone else, and we’re going to see the world together until we can’t travel any more then figure out what to do next. Life is just too short - and all that.

John is already in BA and I get there before the end of December. Gotta watch the CFP with him (we went to the Cotton Bowl game in 1970 - the first time that Notre Dame ever played in a post-season game - and yelled ‘till we were hoarse to see our boys whup those Yankees) and hopefully the National Championship this year as well. We thought we’d go to the Alamo sports bar - not only to watch the game but maybe meet some like-minded folks we could socialize with while we’re there.

Is this a good idea or not? Any suggestions? I assume you’re a football fan - what are you and your partner doing about watching the Bowl games on New Year’s Day? (Not trying to horn in on your plans but looking for information.)

Maybe we can meet up with y’all at some point over the next 2+ months. We’re taking a cruise, starting, in March, across the Atlantic - but if BA is as great as everyone says, we might be back!

My phone number is +16468530103 and I’m on WHATSAPP or: [email protected]. I can also give you John’s contact info if you’re interested.

Becky
I am pretty sure The Alamo Bar closed down permanently a while ago! Please correct me if I am wrong.

Back