VISA Inquiry: Scholarship Training in May

tomfromCO&MI

Registered
Hello,

I have been awarded a scholarship that necessitates in-person training in Buenos Aires from May 27 to May 31.

I entered the country as a tourist November 12, 2023. In early February 2024, I obtained a 90 day tourist visa extension at Immigration HQ. This will bring my total stay in Buenos Aires to 6 consecutive months.

I originally planned to depart on April 30th. However, due to the scholarship program requirement, I need to be present for the last week of May.

Given this situation, I would appreciate your thoughts on the best course of action. Should I:
  1. Exit the country April 30th and return on May 26th?
  2. Remain in Buenos Aires and request another visa extension until the end of May?
Please let me know your recommendations.

Thank you,
Tom

I would appreciate your thoughts on the best course of action. Should I:
  1. Exit the country April 30th and return on May 26th?
  2. Remain in Buenos Aires and request another visa extension until the end of May?
Please let me know your recommendations.
Action number one is a pointless waste of time and money and action number two is not possible.

Just overstay and pay the overstay fee up to ten days prior to or on the day 9f departure.

Anyone who agrees, please like this post so Tom will feel more reassured if.he decides to overstay.

Last edited:
@steveinbsas I'll overstay. Thanks
At this point, with Migraciones' administrative dysfunctionality in high gear, just overstay and pay the ~$25 administrative penalty, which will be the tidiest solution. Simply go to Jorge Newberry (rather than Ezeiza) ten days before your flight and ask for the Migraciones Office to get it sorted out.

I first came to Argentina almost 40 years ago. The reality is that little has changed for the better regarding Argentina's infamous bureaucractic dystopia. You just can't fix stupid. And the proof is in the pudding. Good luck to you.

Back