Holiday Or Aircon?

Gringoboy

Registered
We haven't had a holiday for a few years which for me is no big deal, but we could have done with a short break down on the coast.
Also, we needed air conditioning in this heat where fans just end up blowing more hot air around as well as choripan therapy.
So do we blow nearly $10k on a week's break for three which whilst relaxing, would end up as a fleeting memory?
Or do we burn it on a couple of things that will give us immediate ( and lasting) comfort and enjoyment?
This isn't a poll by the way..lol.

Get the AC, then go for a holiday during the rest of the year ( so many long weekends! )

Hi Gringoboy, you ask a very good question....The question may be, is it for the relaxation or is it really for inspiration?

Peace of mind could be had staying at home, buying the aircon & knowing that for the rest of the summer, you'll be more productive.

Relaxation could bring inspiration, new ideas, a fresh insight, & maybe a new found energy....but a week away may not be enough time to really re energize...considering that you'll need to take two days out for travel time etc.
Sometimes inspiration is more important than relaxation, and sometimes a good break is more essential.

The question could then be, will this short break really be a rest or not?

Gringoboy, do you guys have an Argentine credit card? Can you get one? If the answer is yes I suggest you open an account at banco Ciudad, get a credit card and buy in 50, yes you read well 50 installments your AC!!!! you will be paying less than 100 pesos a month. Then if you want go on vacation now ( I would wait at least til March, prices are so good and everything is so peaceful and still warm then ) Get the best of both worlds, do it the Argentine way. Ah, those cc installments are 0% interest =)

Easy decision in the end and indeed my lady has a Banco Ciudad card and after hunting around we have found a good deal at Jumbo with 15% discount on an LG unit with lots of oooomph.
We'd lived for five years with a parilla and not having one just felt wrong.
Sneaking away for a long weekend when school has started seems like a plan :)

Easy decision in the end and indeed my lady has a Banco Ciudad card and after hunting around we have found a good deal at Jumbo with 15% discount on an LG unit with lots of oooomph.
We'd lived for five years with a parilla and not having one just felt wrong.
Sneaking away for a long weekend when school has started seems like a plan :)

GB, Check the promos on saturdays at Coto for AC and RODO, with Bco Ciudad 50 payments with no interest.

http://www.bancociudad.com.ar/personas/programa-de-beneficios/Application/Benefit/Detail?Id=46

http://www.bancociudad.com.ar/personas/programa-de-beneficios/Application/Benefit/Detail?Id=44

Back