Holiday traffic?

MrsKempf

Registered
My husband and 8 month old have reservations to spend next week in Carilo. We are very excited for a break from the city!

Argentines that my husband works with are telling him that it will take around 12 hours to drive the 4-hour trip if we leave Saturday morning. (Our hotel room is available 3pm on Saturday) They are recommending that we leave at 3AM Saturday morning in order to beat any traffic!!!

Is this for real? I know there will be traffic on a holiday weekend, but 12 hours?!?! Any recommendations for when we should leave?

I would try to leave as early as I could.. The worst that can happen is that you get there too early, but you can always go somewhere to have lunch before the check in.

I still think 12 hours is too much.. last year for the Carnival long weekend we went to Mar del Sur and a 5/6 hour trip took us almost 9!!

If by any chance the traffic is fluid, be careful with the speed limit, because there are many radars all over the route..

Friday pm is usually the worst time to travel to the coast,but as Delfiana said ,leave as early as you can.Is 6am too early for you?It,ll be light at that time and you will miss the exodus,happy holidays Mrs Kemp,hubby and baby

As HowardinBA suggests I would advise leaving at 06.00 am at the very latest, then you could expect to be there by 11 or 12, have lunch etc., I know it is difficult with a child, there are kids playgrounds in the centre of carilo which is better than sitting in a traffic jam. suerte

If the weatherman is right, traffic might not be so intense (storms for today, saturday, sunday, monday and eventually tuesday...)

Leave between 4am & 6am. Have lunch there.

Pray for no rain!! My first visit to Carilo, it had rained a bunch and driving from the entrance to the town center took about 1 hour and it was about trip of about 1 kilometer. The potholes were about a foot deep in places.

Back